This Spinach Avocado Pesto Sauce is an easy, creamy, and delicious basil pesto recipe. The sauce is made with ingredients such as spinach, avocado (for ultimate creaminess), walnuts, nutritional yeast and parmesan cheese.
Firstly, this Spinach Avocado Pesto Sauce is the easiest pasta sauce you will ever make! You don’t even have to cook the sauce. Place the ingredients into a food processor, blend and the sauce is done! Secondly, this is the perfect pesto sauce to pair with your favorite pasta. Also, you can use the pesto as a dressing on a salad, sauce on pizza or pair with a protein such as chicken, tofu, shrimp or salmon. Lastly, I know the traditional way to make pesto is with pine nuts. This pesto sauce is made without pine nuts. I used walnuts instead. You can honestly use whatever nuts you have on hand. I’ve made pesto with pistachios before which is also very delicious. Check out that recipe HERE.
How to make a creamy pesto sauce?
This pesto sauce is super creamy thanks to the avocado. It creates a thick and creamy sauce that gets inside all the nooks and crannies of rotini pasta. I mean, check out that picture above!
How can I make this basil pesto dairy free?
Simply double up on the nutritional yeast and omit the parmesan cheese and you have a dairy free pesto sauce!
Ingredients Used in This Spinach Avocado Pesto Sauce:
- baby spinach
- fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- nutritional yeast
- black pepper
Check out my KitchenAid 3.5-Cup Food Chopper HERE! It’s perfect for making this pesto!
What to eat pesto with:
- PASTA – I highly recommend Blue Evolution Seaweed Pasta. You can purchase it HERE.
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Easy Broiled Salmon – Omit the sauce and cook with this pesto instead!
- Air Fried Tofu
- Air Fried Chicken
Spinach Avocado Pesto Sauce with Pasta
- 2 cups dry pasta of choice – (I highly recommend Blue Evolution Seaweed Pasta. You can purchase it HERE.)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- ⅛ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup mashed avocado – (about ½ avocado)
- ⅛ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅛ cup parmesan cheese
- ⅛ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- To make the pesto sauce, blend all of the ingredients above in a food processor except for the pasta until creamy.
- Cook pasta according to the box's instructions. Combine the pasta with the sauce. Optional: Add a few sun dried tomatoes on top!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂