Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets are easy to make, super crispy and addictive. I served these nuggets with a homemade lime chipotle dipping sauce!
I really don't enjoy mushy tofu. I feel like many would agree and that's why tofu gets a bad rap.
If you're not a fan of tofu, you will be after trying this recipe! The tofu is coated in a mix of flavorful spices and the added starch is what contributes to the crispy texture.
I made a creamy lime chipotle dipping sauce to pair with these golden nuggets. Sure, you can use ketchup, but why would you? 😂
Ingredients in this recipe
- EXTRA firm tofu
- tapioca flour or cornstarch
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- avocado oil
- Use EXTRA firm tofu. All other kinds of tofu will not become crispy enough.
- Make sure you really press the moisture out of the tofu. Use paper towels or a dish towel. Wrap the towel/s around the block of tofu and press all sides very well to drain the moisture. You could also use a tofu press. I purchased mine from Amazon. The drier the tofu, the crispier!
- Do not stack the tofu on top of one another or the nuggets will not get crispy.
How to make the lime chipotle sauce?
Combine 2 tablespoons of avocado oil mayo with ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt (or vegan Greek style yogurt), 2 tablespoons canned chipotles in adobo, the juice of 1 lime and salt and pepper to taste.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
- Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
TAP ON THIS PHOTO TO PIN IT FOR LATER!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Air Fryer
- 14 oz block EXTRA firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon avocado oil
- First, press the moisture out of the tofu. Use paper towels or a dish towel. Wrap the towel/s around the block of tofu and press all sides very well to drain the moisture. You could also use a tofu press. I purchased mine from Amazon. The drier the tofu, the crispier!
- Next, cut your tofu into cubes.
- To a bowl, add cubed tofu, tapioca flour or cornstarch, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper, coconut aminos, tamari or soy sauce and avocado oil. Gently combine everything without breaking the tofu.
- Transfer the tofu to an air fryer sprayed with avocado oil. This will prevent the tofu from sticking. Line up the tofu next to each other. Do not stack the tofu or the nuggets will not get crispy. You might have to make this recipe in two batches if you have a smaller air fryer.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy. (Timing will vary slightly depending on the type of air fryer you have.)
- Serve with ketchup or lime chipotle sauce!
- To make the lime chipotle sauce, combine 2 tablespoons of avocado oil mayo with ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt (or vegan Greek style yogurt), 2 tablespoons canned chipotles in adobo, the juice of 1 lime and salt and pepper to taste.