Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing is made with olive oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper!
This is one of my new favorite meal prep recipes to enjoy on salads all week long.
If you've never made your own salad dressing, you will be shocked when you try this recipe. It's SO easy.
All you have to do is toss 5 ingredients (minus salt and pepper) into a jar and shake it up.
The mustard, lemon juice and maple syrup is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy.
I personally love dijon mustard, but you can use any mustard you like or have on hand.
Is Honey Mustard Salad Dressing Vegan?
No, Honey Mustard Salad Dressing is not vegan because honey isn't vegan. This is why we're using pure maple syrup in place of honey for this recipe.
Is honey mustard salad dressing dairy free?
This version of the dressing is completely dairy free. Some Honey Mustard Salad Dressings call for mayo, but there is no mayo in this recipe. It's vegan, dairy free and gluten free.
Ingredients in this recipe
- extra virgin olive oil - Any oil will work fine, but I love the taste of good quality extra virgin olive oil and it's great for you! Cobram Estate is one of my favorite olive oil brands. I either purchase a bottle from Amazon or from Whole Foods.
- Dijion mustard - Dijon is my personal favorite, but you can really use any mustard for this recipe.
- pure maple syrup - The sweetener in this recipe is maple syrup since honey isn't vegan. You can also use another vegan friendly liquid sweetener such as agave syrup.
- juice of one lemon
- garlic powder - If you don't have garlic powder on hand, you can use onion powder.
- salt and pepper
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
How to Enjoy Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing?
- Use it as dressing on your favorite salad. - In the photo above, I made a salad with arugula, red cabbage, cherry tomatoes, red onion, chickpeas, cucumber and chopped pecans.
- You can use it as a marinade.
- If you would like to use it as a dip for something like my Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets or Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes, just add in some vegan mayo or vegan yogurt to make it thicker.
Store this dressing in the fridge for up to two weeks. Make sure the lid is nice and secure.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Vegan Honey Mustard Dressing (with Maple Syrup)
- Toss all the ingredients into a glass jar, shake it up really well and enjoy!
- Store this dressing in the fridge for up to two weeks. Make sure the lid is nice and secure.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.