First of all, these Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins are so easy, moist and delicious! Secondly, all you need is one bowl and 8 simple ingredients. Also, these muffins are very low in sugar and sweetened naturally with honey! Enjoy these as a breakfast, snack or dessert. I guess you can call these muffins banana cupcakes because I paired them with the BEST Fluffy Dairy Free Peanut Butter Frosting! Of course the frosting is optional, but highly recommended!
How to Make Dairy Free Cream Cheese Frosting?
All you need is 5 ingredients to make this Dairy Free Peanut Butter Frosting! Tofu cream cheese, full-fat coconut milk, peanut butter powder, peanut butter and honey create the fluffiest frosting for these banana muffins! Simply whip the ingredients together in a stand mixer until creamy and luscious.
Ingredients Used in This Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffin Recipe:
Check out these silicone liners I adore!
Other Healthy Desserts to Make!
- Healthy Thin Mint Cookies
- Almond Flour Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Sweet Potato Bread
- No Bake Brownie Bites
- Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
Healthy Whole Wheat Banana Muffins
Ingredients for Banana Muffins:
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup mashed banana (about 1 ½ - 2 bananas)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup honey
Ingredients for Frosting:
- ½ cup tofu cream cheese at room temp.
- ⅓ cup unsweetened full-fat canned coconut milk
- ½ cup peanut butter powder
- ⅛ cup peanut butter
- ⅛ cup honey
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the muffins until well incorporated.
- Line a muffin tin with 10 liners. Check out these silicone liners I adore! Use a ¼ measuring cup and pour the batter into each muffin liner. Bake for 22-32 minutes in a 350° oven.
- As the muffins are cooling, make the frosting. Simply place all ingredients for the frosting into a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Mix all ingredients until combined and creamy. There should be no lumps.
- Once the muffins are cooled completely, remove from the liners and frost the muffins with a butter knife.
- If you are not enjoying all of the muffins right away, store the muffins and frosting separately in the fridge and frost right before you are about to eat!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂