Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies are gluten free and made with healthier ingredients. They're filled with rolled oats and dark chocolate chips!
These cookies are ridiculously easy to make! All you have to do is throw all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine. There's no separation of the wet and dry ingredients.
Now, let's talk about the texture! They have the perfect soft and chewy texture. This is not easy to achieve, especially when a cookie is made without butter or white sugar... you're welcome. 😉
Ingredients in this recipe
- almond flour - Use almond flour for this recipe, not almond meal.
- gluten free old fashioned rolled oats - I suggest using old fashioned rolled oats for this recipe, not quick oats or steel cut oats.
- baking soda
- vanilla extract
- coconut sugar - This provides the sweetness in this recipe. I love using coconut sugar when I can because it's unrefined.
- softened coconut oil - Rather than using butter in these cookies, we're using coconut oil.
- dark chocolate chips - I love using Lily's Chocolate Chips because they contain no added sugar!
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Use softened coconut oil for this recipe, not melted coconut oil.
Properly measure the almond flour by spooning it into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
Mix all the ingredients together with a rubber spatula. At first you may think you need more liquid. You don't. Just keep mixing until you have cookie dough that resembles the above photo.
It's easy to overbake cookies. Remove them from the oven when they're slightly underdone. They will continue to cook as they cool.
Swap out the chocolate chips for raisins or dried cranberries if you'd like!
Can I make these cookies vegan?
I have not tested this recipe using an egg replacement, but a few readers commented that they've tried a flax egg and Bob's Red Mill Egg Replacer. Also, use vegan chocolate chips!
How to store Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies?
Store these cookies in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for 2-3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Almond Flour Oatmeal Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Toss all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl. Combine the ingredients with a rubber spatula.
- Use a medium sized cookie scoop and scoop the dough. Roll the dough into balls and press to flatten them slightly to form round disks. Place them on a cookie sheet. (Please see photo above in the post for reference.)
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 9-12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes. Then, transfer them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. They will harden as they cool.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.