Healthy Homemade Thin Mint Cookies are gluten free, grain free, but taste just like the classic! These cookies take me back to being a Girl Scout.
If you love Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, you will adore these! They are extremely similar, but are made with only 8 wholesome ingredients. Get this... These cookies are only made with two tablespoons of pure maple syrup. I also coat them in 80% + dark chocolate or sugar free dark chocolate so they are very low in sugar.
One difference in the look of my thin mints compared to the classic is that I make mine larger. This is because a bigger cookie is always better. You can't disagree with me on that!
Ingredients in this recipe
- almond flour
- cacao powder
- mint extract
- vanilla extract
- egg (room temp)
- pure maple syrup
- softened coconut oil
- dark chocolate chips
How to make copycat thin mint cookies?
- Form the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop and roll the dough into balls. Place them on a cookie sheet. Press and flatten to form round disks. (See photo above.)
- Bake them.
- Let cool.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil.
- Coat in chocolate.
How to store thin mint cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container, in the fridge for about a week. You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Where can I buy mint extract?
Amazon! I linked the one I used HERE.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes to Make!
- Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies
- Banana Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Hot Cocoa Cookies
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Healthy Homemade Thin Mint Cookies
Ingredients in Cookie Dough
- Mix together all ingredients for the cookie dough in a bowl until combined.
- Use a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop and roll the dough into balls. Place them on a cookie sheet. Press and flatten to form round disks. (See photo above.)
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 9-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in an oven safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments to ensure the chocolate does not burn. (Example: Microwave for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and then place back into the microwave.) Repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted.
- When the cookies are cooled, coat each one in the chocolate.
- Place the cookies into the freezer for at least one hour to allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.