Healthy Homemade Thin Mint Cookies are gluten free, grain free, but taste just like the classic! These cookies take me back to being a Girl Scout.
If you love Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies, you will adore these! They are extremely similar, but are made with only 8 wholesome ingredients. Get this... These cookies are only made with two tablespoons of pure maple syrup. I also coat them in 80% + dark chocolate or sugar free dark chocolate so they are very low in sugar.
One difference in the look of my thin mints compared to the classic is that I make mine larger. This is because a bigger cookie is always better. You can't disagree with me on that!
Ingredients in this recipe
- almond flour
- cacao powder
- mint extract
- vanilla extract
- egg (room temp)
- pure maple syrup
- softened coconut oil
- dark chocolate chips
How to make copycat thin mint cookies?
- Form the cookie dough.
- Use a cookie scoop and roll the dough into balls. Place them on a cookie sheet. Press and flatten to form round disks. (See photo above.)
- Bake them.
- Let cool.
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil.
- Coat in chocolate.
How to store thin mint cookies?
Store the cookies in an airtight container, in the fridge for about a week. You can also store them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Where can I buy mint extract?
Amazon! I linked the one I used HERE.
More Healthy Cookie Recipes to Make!
- Gluten Free Funfetti Cookies
- Banana Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- Almond Flour Peanut Butter Cookies
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gluten Free Hot Cocoa Cookies
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Healthy Homemade Thin Mint Cookies
Ingredients in Cookie Dough
- Mix together all ingredients for the cookie dough in a bowl until combined.
- Use a 1 ½ tbsp cookie scoop and roll the dough into balls. Place them on a cookie sheet. Press and flatten to form round disks. (See photo above.)
- Bake the cookies at 350 degrees F for 9-12 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in an oven safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments to ensure the chocolate does not burn. (Example: Microwave for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and then place back into the microwave.) Repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted.
- When the cookies are cooled, coat each one in the chocolate.
- Place the cookies into the freezer for at least one hour to allow the chocolate to harden before enjoying.