First of all, this Healthy Sweet Potato Bread is so simple to make. All you need to do is throw all of the ingredients into a bowl and bake. The texture is absolutely perfect and the sweet potato flavor truly shines through. I added chocolate chips into the mix, but feel free to add nuts or chopped dates as well. Get creative! Lastly, I like slicing and freezing the loaf. Whenever I want a slice, I heat it up in the microwave.
I love THESE mixing bowls for baking!
Purchase spelt flour HERE.
Other Breads to Try!
- Cinnamon Carrot Loaf
- Banana Bread
- 6 Ingredient Chocolate Banana Bread
- Pistachio Chip Banana Bread
- Grain-Free Cinnamon Date Bread
Healthy Sweet Potato Bread
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup spelt flour
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato cooked and the skin removed
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup mini dark chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until batter has formed.
- Spoon batter into a 9×5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- Let cool completely and slice. Add some extra cinnamon on top if desired. I like slicing and freezing the loaf. Whenever I want a slice, I heat it up in the microwave.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂