Sweet Potato Banana Bread is a healthy breakfast, snack or dessert recipe. This bread is easy to make, fluffy and super delicious!
Sweet Potato Banana Bread is a nice change from plain old banana bread. We love banana bread, of course, but we need to switch things up sometimes!
The texture is absolutely perfect and the sweetness from both the sweet potato and banana shine through. I only added a small amount of pure maple syrup to sweeten the bread. There is no need for cups of sugar, or even a half of cup, because the bread is naturally sweet.
I added dark chocolate chips into the mix, but feel free to add nuts or chopped dates as well. Get creative!
Ingredients in this recipe
- mashed sweet potatoes - cooked and the skin removed
- mashed spotty-brown bananas
- melted and cooled coconut oil
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- eggs at room temperature
- unsweetened almond milk
- whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour
- almond flour
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips
- Use room temperature ingredients for optimal results.
- Use spotty-brown bananas opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.
- Cook your sweet potatoes easily in the air fryer! Follow THIS recipe.
- Properly measure flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
- Don't overmix the batter. Mix until just combined. You can wind up with tough bread that won't rise if you keep mixing.
- I recommend an 8x4 loaf pan. The bread rises so well in this size pan. I linked mine HERE.
How to store sweet potato banana bread?
Store Sweet Potato Banana Bread in an airtight container, on the kitchen counter for 2-3 days. You can also store the bread in an airtight container, in the fridge for about 4 days. Lastly, individually wrap slices of the bread and freeze for up to 3 months. This works great for meal prep. Pop a slice in the microwave whenever you want!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Sweet Potato Recipes to Make!
- Turkey Sweet Potato Sliders (Paleo)
- Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- Healthy No Bean Turkey Chili (with Sweet Potato)
- Air fryer Sweet Potato Chips
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Sweet Potato Banana Bread
- ½ cup mashed sweet potatoes - cooked and the skin removed (about 1-2 sweet potatoes depending on how large they are)
- ½ cup mashed spotty-brown bananas (about 1 ½ bananas)
- ¼ cup melted and cooled coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed sweet potato, mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, eggs and almond milk.
- Next, add in the whole wheat pastry flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Use a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan or use parchment paper. Add the batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Mine was perfect at 50 minutes.
- Place the pan on a wire cooling rack for 15 minutes. Gently remove the bread from the pan. Let the bread cool completely on the wire cooling rack.
- Slice and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.