Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps are a healthy and easy low carb recipe! I used shredded chicken, but you could also use store-bought rotisserie chicken.
This recipe will be on repeat ALL summer long! It's the perfect meal for a blazing hot day.
I like to prep the shredded chicken in advance. This way, all I have to do the day of is toss with buffalo sauce and assemble.
If you want to make your life even easier, you can use rotisserie chicken for this recipe. Though, it's honestly so simple to make your own shredded chicken. I linked my recipe HERE. I cook the chicken breast and then throw it in a mixer to shred. No way I'm shredding the chicken with a fork!
If you've been following me for some time now, you know which buffalo sauce I use for this recipe...
Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce!
You can purchase Primal Kitchen's Buffalo Sauce HERE. Use code "FROZENBANANAS" at checkout for discount!
If you're thinking to yourself... "Krista, I don't want to purchase a bottle of this buffalo sauce for one recipe."
I got you covered! Here are a few other awesome buffalo recipes!
Ingredients in this recipe
- shredded chicken - You can substitute store-bought rotisserie chicken and shred it or just cut it into small pieces.
- buffalo sauce - (I used Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce) - You can purchase Primal Kitchen's Buffalo Sauce HERE. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for discount!
- butter lettuce - Romaine lettuce or iceburg lettuce will also work.
- diced red onion
- halved cherry tomatoes
- sliced avocado
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Other Topping Ideas
- sliced red cabbage
- crumbled blue cheese
- shredded carrots
- ranch dressing - I love THIS one from Primal Kitchen!
How do you prepare lettuce for wraps?
First, choose from butter lettuce, romaine lettuce or iceburg lettuce. These work best when making wraps since each leaf has a dome-like shape. Butter lettuce is my personal favorite.
Gently, rip each leaf off of the head of lettuce. You can cut off any of the bitter ends. Thoroughly wash the leaves and allow them to dry completely on paper towels. Then, begin to assemble.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps (Low Carb)
- 2 cups shredded chicken - Follow THIS recipe or use store-bought rotisserie chicken
- ½ cup buffalo sauce - I used Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce! You can purchase Primal Kitchen's Buffalo Sauce HERE. Use code "FROZENBANANAS" at checkout for discount!
- 8 leaves butter lettuce - Romaine lettuce or iceburg lettuce will also work.
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ sliced avocado
- Gently, rip each leaf off of the head of lettuce. You can cut off any of the bitter ends. Thoroughly wash the leaves and allow them to dry completely on paper towels.
- Add the shredded chicken to a bowl with buffalo sauce. Mix until the chicken is evenly coated in the sauce.
- Assemble the wraps. Lay 8 lettuce wraps on a plate or board. Evenly distribute the chicken between each piece of lettuce.
- Then add a little red onion, tomato and avocado on top of each and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Made these lettuce cups last night for dinner. They were absolutely amazing. My husband is trying to eat less carbs so this worked perfectly. Adding to our weekly rotation.