This Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl is healthy, tasty and great for meal prep. It’s made with lots of veggies, tender chicken breast, rice, buffalo sauce and blue cheese.
You know I'm the queen of "throw everything in a bowl" recipes. Some of my favorites are my Cooked Salmon Poke Bowl, Ground Turkey Egg Roll in a Bowl and Mediterranean Quinoa Bowls with Tahini Dressing.
I love this one because it's super different. I've never seen a recipe like this before.
I'm obsessed with all things buffalo. You know I use my Primal Kitchen Buffalo Sauce all the time. So, naturally, I had to make a "throw everything in a bowl" recipe featuring some buffalo sauce.
Not only is this bowl super flavorful, it's also filled with protein, healthy fats, and carbs. Super well balanced, in my opinion!
Ingredients in this recipe
- thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast
- seasonings (paprika, chili powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper)
- olive oil
- spring mix
- broccoli slaw mix or coleslaw mix
- cooked white rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice - To make my life easier, I use frozen cooked rice
- blue cheese crumbles
- buffalo sauce (I used Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce) - You can purchase Primal Kitchen's Buffalo Sauce HERE. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for discount!
- thinly sliced scallions
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Meal Prep this Recipe!
This is an awesome meal prep recipe. Simply, make the chicken and rice in advance. You can leave the chicken stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days.
To make my life even easier, I use frozen cooked rice so I just have to microwave it right before I make my bowl. The day you're going to enjoy the bowl, assemble all of the ingredients.
Alternatively, if you're going to meal prep this to take on the go, you can put the bowl together with all of the ingredients except for the buffalo sauce. Store the assembled bowl in an airtight container in the fridge. Store the sauce separately and pour over when you're ready to enjoy.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl
- 2 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast (about ½ lb)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cups spring mix
- ⅔ cup broccoli slaw mix or coleslaw mix
- 1 cup cooked white rice, brown rice or cauliflower rice - To make my life easier, I use frozen cooked rice
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- 4 tablespoons buffalo sauce (I used Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce) - You can purchase Primal Kitchen's Buffalo Sauce HERE. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for discount!
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- Place the chicken breasts into a bowl. Add ½ tablespoon olive oil and spices. Massage all chicken with your hands to make sure the the spices are evenly distributed.
- Heat a skillet on medium with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Add the chicken to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
- Set the chicken aside to rest as you assemble the bowls. Grab two bowls. Place half the amount of each ingredient into each bowl.
- First, place the spring mix on the bottom and then the slaw mix. Slice your chicken breasts and add them on top. Next, add the cooked rice, blue cheese and buffalo sauce.
- Optional: Add ranch dressing on top. I love THIS one from Primal Kitchen!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
I doubled this recipe and had it all week long as a meal prepped lunch. SOOOOO good. I looked forward to lunch everyday. Thank you Krista!
Love to hear that! 🙂
So easy to make and delicious! I will definitely be making this again!
Love that! 🙂