This Buffalo Chickpea Wrap is a delicious and simple vegan lunch recipe. It’s made with buffalo roasted chickpeas, avocado, cilantro and lettuce!
I've been getting some more requests for easy lunch recipes. I feel like lunch is the sad meal of the day. Not many of us get excited about it. I'm about to change that!
This wrap will definitely brighten up your day. It's plant based, light and bursting with flavor!
I kept this wrap both gluten free and vegan by swapping out regular tortilla wraps for Siete Burrito-Size Tortillas. You can use whatever tortillas you like, but make sure they're 10 to 12 inches!
Ingredients in this recipe
- canned chickpeas
- buffalo sauce - I used Primal Kitchen’s Buffalo Sauce
- salt and pepper
- your favorite 10-12 inch tortilla wraps - I used Siete Burrito-Size Tortillas
- ripe avocado
- fresh lime juice
- chopped romaine lettuce
- chopped fresh cilantro
You can purchase Primal Kitchen's Buffalo Sauce HERE. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for discount!
To get the chickpeas nice and crispy, it's important to remove any excess water. Do this by placing the rinsed and drained chickpeas on one side of a clean dish towel. Then fold the other side of the towel over the chickpeas. Gently press your hands on top of the towel to get out any liquid.
Use 10-12 inch tortilla wraps for this recipe. It's not worth using the smaller wraps, overstuffing them and then breaking them when you fold them. The larger wraps make such a difference. I'm telling you!
Watch THIS TikTok video as a helpful visual on how to fold and wrap.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
TAP ON THIS PHOTO TO PIN IT FOR LATER!
Searching for more healthy lunch ideas? Try these!
- Mexican Cobb Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Curried Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- Healthy Chicken Salad with Greek Yogurt
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Buffalo Chickpea Wrap
- First, rinse and drain the can of chickpeas.
- To get the chickpeas nice and crispy, it's important to remove any excess water. Do this by placing the chickpeas on one side of a clean dish towel. Then fold the other side of the towel over the chickpeas. Gently press your hands on top of the towel to get out any liquid.
- Next, place the chickpeas into a bowl. Add the buffalo sauce, salt and pepper. Gently combine until all the chickpeas are coated.
- Place the coated chickpeas on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Once cooked, let the chickpeas cool on the sheet pan for 10 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are cooling, mash a ripe avocado in a small bowl. Add the juice of ½ of a fresh lime and salt and pepper to taste. Combine until it's spreadable.
- Now, it's time to assemble the wraps. You can heat your wraps in the microwave for a few seconds. This can make it easier to wrap them. I used Siete Tortillas which need to be heated in a skillet.
- Use half the amount of each ingredient for each wrap. Spread the mashed avocado mixture onto the wraps, then the chickpeas, chopped romaine lettuce, cilantro and a drizzle of the buffalo sauce. Fold each wrap, cut and enjoy! Watch THIS TikTok video as a helpful visual on how to fold and wrap.
- If you'd like, you can brown the wraps. Place the wraps folded side down in a greased pan and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until golden on both sides.