Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit are creamy and so delicious! All you need is a handful of ingredients like oats, chia seeds and frozen fruit.
I'm going to come out and say... these are the BEST OVERNIGHT OATS.
They are so perfectly creamy and thick. I don't even need fresh fruit in my overnight oats anymore!
I decided to use frozen mixed berries for the oats I made, but you can use whatever frozen fruit you love.
Fresh berries are super expensive nowadays so buying them frozen is a great way to save some money.
What are overnight oats?
Overnight oats are oats that have been soaked in liquid with other additions overnight. They become creamy. If you don't like the oats served cold, you can place them in the microwave before enjoying.
Ingredients in this recipe
- old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if necessary
- chia seeds, or ground flaxseed
- ground cinnamon
- pure maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice
- vanilla extract
- unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- frozen fruit of choice
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend old fashioned rolled oats. Do not use steel cut oats or instant oats.
Yes, frozen fruit is awesome in overnight oats!
I have a method to using frozen fruit in overnight oats. Rather than mixing in the frozen fruit before refrigeration, I combine the other ingredients and place the frozen fruit on top. The next day, I gently mix the fruit. This way, the frozen fruit doesn't break apart and become mushy.
Nope! The frozen fruit will thaw overnight in the fridge.
These overnight oats are great for meal prep. They should last for about 3 days stored in an airtight container, in the refrigerator.
Want to bump up the protein?
If you want extra protein, you can use protein powder or collagen powder. Please note that you may need to add more milk based on the consistency of the powder you're using.
Overnight Oat Topping Ideas
I love adding yummy toppings on my overnight oats. A few of my favorite toppings are...
- nut or seed butter
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- dark chocolate chips
- chopped nuts
- pumpkin seeds
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Overnight Oats with Frozen Fruit
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if necessary
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds, or ground flaxseed
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ - 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, or liquid sweetener of choice (adjust depending on desired sweetness)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- ¼ cup frozen fruit of choice (I used frozen mixed berries)
- Add all ingredients into a small container except for the frozen fruit.
- Combine the ingredients with a spoon.
- Next, place the frozen fruit on top.
- Place the lid on top of the container. Put the container in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight.
- The next morning, gently mix the fruit sitting at the top. Then, add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.