All you need is 5 ingredients to make the best Pesto Egg Breakfast Sandwich. Prepare these sandwiches in advance and place them in the freezer for the perfect make ahead breakfast!
Breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day. I'm typically a sweet breakfast person, but these sandwiches might have changed me. If you are a pesto lover, you are going to adore this recipe! Also, I am all for breakfast for lunch and dinner too. You can enjoy these sandwiches anytime throughout the day!
One of my favorite parts about this recipe is that you can prepare these breakfast sandwiches in advance. If you are always running out the door with breakfast in your hand, these sandwiches will make your life so much easier! This recipe yields two breakfast sandwiches, but you can easily double or triple the recipe to prepare more sandwiches for the week.
You can store the breakfast sandwiches for 1 day in the fridge and reheat the next day or you can store them in the freezer.
How to store breakfast sandwiches in the freezer?
Wrap each sandwich individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer safe resealable bag. Freeze for up to 1 month.
How to reheat breakfast sandwiches?
There are two ways you can reheat these sandwiches, in the oven or in the air fryer. I am not a big fan of reheating them in the microwave because they can get soggy.
If you are still contemplating getting an air fryer, just know... if I could only have one appliance in my kitchen, I would choose an air fryer. You can purchase my exact air fryer HERE on Amazon!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Pesto Egg Breakfast Sandwich
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt & pepper
- 2 heaping tbsp pesto (can be homemade or store bought)
- 2 whole grain English muffins I love THESE!
- olive oil (for greasing pan)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the almond milk, cheese, salt & pepper. Whisk well.
- Toast the English muffins.
- Spray olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Cook eggs to desired doneness. I prefer soft scrambled eggs which are more runny. I cook them on low heat to achieve this texture.
- Once the eggs are ready, it's time to assemble the breakfast sandwiches. Divide the eggs in half to ensure each breakfast sandwich has the same amount of scrambled eggs. Spread pesto on one side of the bread. Add the eggs on top and close up the sandwich. Repeat with the other English muffin.
- Enjoy! Notes can be found above regarding refrigeration, freezing and reheating.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂