Baked Chocolate Chip Oatmeal without banana is easy to make, great for meal prep and delicious. It tastes like cake for breakfast!
If you haven't tried baked oatmeal yet, it's time! My boyfriend doesn't like oatmeal in basically any form - no hot oatmeal and no overnight oats for him, BUT he loves baked oatmeal!
I decided it was time for a chocolate chip version because you can't go wrong with chocolate chip anything!
What makes this baked oatmeal healthy?
- Packed with fiber from the oats and flaxseed
- Lower in sugar compared to other recipes - It's sweetened with just ¼ cup pure honey (I also used sugar-free chocolate chips)
- Oil-free - Applesauce and yogurt are what make this baked oatmeal moist
Ingredients in this recipe
- unsweetened applesauce
- unsweetened plain greek yogurt
- unsweetened almond milk
- pure honey
- vanilla extract
- old fashioned rolled oats
- baking powder
- ground flaxseed
- ground cinnamon
- dark chocolate chips
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
I recommend and like making baked oatmeal in an 8x8 baking pan because it comes out thicker, like an oat cake.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave.
To freeze, wrap each individual bar in plastic wrap. Place the bars into a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave.
How to Serve Baked Oatmeal?
Serve baked oatmeal as you would pancakes!
- Drizzle with pure maple syrup
- Top with Greek yogurt
- Drizzle with peanut butter or almond butter
- Sprinkle with more chocolate chips
- Add some fresh fruit
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Baked Chocolate Chip Oatmeal (No Banana)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients with a spatula until combined.
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spoon the oatmeal mixture into the baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, slice into bars and enjoy! I served mine with yogurt, nut butter, raspberries and chocolate chips.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.