Whipped Ricotta Crostini with Honey is an easy and delicious appetizer. The ricotta becomes light, fluffy and irresistible when whipped!
Impress your guests with this ridiculously simple appetizer that tastes like it's from a restaurant!
The mixture of the creamy ricotta with the bright lemon zest, crunchy pistachios and the sweet honey pair so well. Plus, you can't go wrong with a classic herb like basil.
Ingredients in this recipe
- fresh French baguette (cut into ½ inch slices)
- extra virgin olive oil
- whole milk ricotta - don't use the lower fat versions for this recipe
- salt and pepper
- fresh lemon zest
- fresh chopped basil
- chopped roasted pistachios
- pure honey
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Yes! The secret to perfectly whipped ricotta is to use a food processor. It breaks the cheese curds apart and creates a creamier texture.
Absolutely! It's great to prepare in advance when you are entertaining. The whipped ricotta will stay fresh for about 2 days. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
You can whip low fat ricotta, but the texture isn't as fluffy and thick. It's more runny. I recommend whole milk ricotta for this recipe.
To make this recipe more impressive, I piped the ricotta on top of the crostini. I know the idea of piping the ricotta may seem daunting. It's really easy though. It's also kind of fun. Almost like decorating cupcakes!
But... if you rather not do that, you can just serve the whipped ricotta as a dip. Your guests can use a knife to spread the cheese on top of the crostini.
More Easy Appetizers to Make!
- Mango Corn Salsa
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Fries
- Dilly Cucumber Bites
- Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Whipped Ricotta Crostini (with Honey)
- food processor
- 1 fresh French baguette (cut into ½ inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta - don't use the lower fat versions for this recipe
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped roasted pistachios
- 3 tablespoons pure honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet. Spray/drizzle one side with olive oil. Flip the slices over and spray/drizzle the other side with oil.
- Bake the bread for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Place ricotta into a food processor. Process for about 30 seconds or until smooth and creamy.
- Remove the blade from the machine and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a spoon.
- Now, it's time to assemble the crostini. Place the whipped ricotta into a Ziploc bag. Close the top of the bag and snip the bottom corner with a scissor to create a piping bag. You can also just use a piping bag if you have one.
- Pipe the ricotta onto the crostini and top with lemon zest, basil, pistachios and honey on top.
- If you are serving the whipped ricotta as a dip, place the cheese into a bowl and add the lemon zest, basil, pistachios and honey on top. Serve with the crostini on the side.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
The whipping of the ricotta makes such a difference. Never had a thing like it. So light. I used sourdough toast and enjoyed for lunch.
Love that idea, Kristi! I will have to try it on a piece of sourdough.
I will be making this recipe for every family get together this summer. It’s so easy but I feel like I own a restaurant or something. Looks so fancy but so simple. I don’t leave comments on recipes but I had to!!!!!
This comment means so much! Thank you, Georgia! 🙂