Vegan Mashed Butternut Squash is a healthy and super flavorful side dish! It’s a great alternative to mashed potatoes for the holiday season.
This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
I wanted to create a unique side dish recipe. Mashed potatoes are definitely not my personal favorite. Don't come at me. They're just boring. I've been on a butternut squash kick and decided it would make the BEST alternative to mashed potatoes. I was right. I will absolutely be making this recipe all year round!
To make this veggie mash more special, I topped it off with Primal Kitchen's No Dairy Mushroom Gravy. It's super creamy from the cashew butter and filled with pieces of mushrooms! It's organic, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, Keto Certified and Certified Paleo.
They also sell an amazing No Dairy Classic Gravy made with Turkey Bone Broth! I recommend grabbing one or two of each for your holiday get together. Head to www.primalkitchen.com to purchase their gravy. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
How to make mashed butternut squash?
- Peel, seed and cut butternut squash into cubes.
- Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Spray with a little avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mash it.
- Add olive oil, coconut milk, herbs, spices and vegan parmesan.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and serve with the gravy.
Leftovers keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Pour the gravy on top the day you are enjoying.
More Healthy Holiday Recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Healthy Pecan Pie Truffles
- Pumpkin Tahini Salad Dressing
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Did you try this recipe? Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂 Your 5 star ratings and wonderful comments really support my business and help other readers as well.
Vegan Mashed Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash (cut into cubes)
- avocado oil spray
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ cup shredded vegan parmesan - (If you aren't vegan, sub regular grated or shredded parmesan)
- ¼ - ½ cup Primal Kitchen's No Dairy Mushroom Gravy (Purchase at www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
- Peel, seed and cut a medium sized butternut squash into cubes. Make sure they are relatively the same size so they cook evenly.
- Scatter the cut butternut squash across a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spray with a little avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Place the cooked squash into a bowl. Mash it with a potato masher until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add olive oil, coconut milk, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste and vegan parmesan.
- Combine all with a rubber spatula.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and serve with the gravy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Leave a Reply