Vegan Mashed Butternut Squash is a healthy and super flavorful side dish! It’s a great alternative to mashed potatoes for the holiday season.
This post is sponsored by Primal Kitchen. All opinions are my own.
I wanted to create a unique side dish recipe. Mashed potatoes are definitely not my personal favorite. Don't come at me. They're just boring. I've been on a butternut squash kick and decided it would make the BEST alternative to mashed potatoes. I was right. I will absolutely be making this recipe all year round!
To make this veggie mash more special, I topped it off with Primal Kitchen's No Dairy Mushroom Gravy. It's super creamy from the cashew butter and filled with pieces of mushrooms! It's organic, soy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, Keto Certified and Certified Paleo.
They also sell an amazing No Dairy Classic Gravy made with Turkey Bone Broth! I recommend grabbing one or two of each for your holiday get together. Head to www.primalkitchen.com to purchase their gravy. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
How to make mashed butternut squash?
- Peel, seed and cut butternut squash into cubes.
- Place on a sheet pan lined with parchment. Spray with a little avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Mash it.
- Add olive oil, coconut milk, herbs, spices and vegan parmesan.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and serve with the gravy.
Leftovers keep stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 3 days. Pour the gravy on top the day you are enjoying.
More Healthy Holiday Recipes
- Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
- Healthy Pecan Pie Truffles
- Pumpkin Tahini Salad Dressing
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER
Did you try this recipe? Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂 Your 5 star ratings and wonderful comments really support my business and help other readers as well.
Vegan Mashed Butternut Squash
- 1 medium butternut squash (cut into cubes)
- avocado oil spray
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ cup shredded vegan parmesan - (If you aren't vegan, sub regular grated or shredded parmesan)
- ¼ - ½ cup Primal Kitchen's No Dairy Mushroom Gravy (Purchase at www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
- Peel, seed and cut a medium sized butternut squash into cubes. Make sure they are relatively the same size so they cook evenly.
- Scatter the cut butternut squash across a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spray with a little avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Place the cooked squash into a bowl. Mash it with a potato masher until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add olive oil, coconut milk, thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste and vegan parmesan.
- Combine all with a rubber spatula.
- Place the mixture into a bowl and serve with the gravy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.