Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots (with Parmesan Cheese) are so crispy and tasty! These veggies are made using just one sheet pan.
If you are not a vegetable fan, you will be after you make this recipe. Both the brussels sprouts and carrots are super crispy. The mix of the oil, spices and parmesan cheese is the perfect coating for the veggies. This recipe is great as a side dish any day of the week, for meal prep or for Thanksgiving!
What to serve roasted vegetables with?
Ingredients in this recipe
- fresh brussels sprouts (stem cut and then sliced into quarters)
- fresh peeled colorful petite carrots (cut down the middle and then in half) Note: You can substitute baby carrots in this recipe. Just cut them down the middle.
- avocado oil
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
How to make roasted brussels sprouts and carrots?
Frequently Asked Questions
Nope. No need to blanch the brussels sprouts before roasting. This recipe is sure to yield beautifully crispy brussels sprouts
If your brussels sprouts are mushy, they have been over-cooked. This most likely will happen if you steam them. This is why roasting is best for optimal crispiness. Also, it's important to spread the vegetables evenly across a large sheet pan or they will steam in the oven.
Yes, but stick to fresh brussels sprouts for this recipe. It's more difficult to obtain crispy brussels sprouts when they have been frozen since there is excess water.
Store the cooked vegetables in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Carrots (with Parmesan Cheese)
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts (stem cut and then sliced into quarters)
- 1 pound fresh peeled colorful petite carrots (cut down the middle and then in half) Note: You can substitute baby carrots in this recipe. Just cut them down the middle.
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- First, cut the stems off of the brussels sprouts and quarter them. Then, cut the carrots down the middle and slice them in half.
- Place the cut veggies into a large mixing bowl. Add the oil, spices and parmesan cheese.
- Use your hands to make sure the vegetables are evenly coated in the oil, spices and parmesan cheese.
- Grab a large sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spread the brussels sprouts and carrots evenly across the sheet pan.
- Cook in an oven at 350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes, or until the veggies are fork tender. Use a slotted spatula to flip the vegetables around every 7-10 minutes to ensure they cook evenly and do not burn.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂