Turkey Sweet Potato Sliders are a tasty paleo and gluten free appetizer. The "buns" are made from sliced sweet potatoes for a fun twist!
These Turkey Sweet Potato Sliders are truly the perfect bite. Who needs sweet potato fries with a burger when you can have a sweet potato bun!? Okay... I would probably still eat the fries too, but how adorable are these!?
You can top these sliders with your favorite burger toppings. Honestly, I just used Primal Kitchen's Unsweetened Ketchup on top, but you can get creative. They are just so flavorful on their own. I added a nice mix of spices into the ground turkey itself.
Ingredients in this recipe
- medium sized sweet potatoes
- 94% lean ground turkey meat
- thinly sliced scallion
- almond flour
- nutritional yeast
- coconut aminos
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado oil
Use 94% lean ground turkey meat. There are different types of ground turkey meat based on fat percentages. I don't recommend using anything higher than 94%. If you use a ground meat with basically zero fat, the patties will not be moist and juicy.
If the ground turkey is sticky when you are trying to form the patties, coat your hands with a little water or oil to make things easier. When the ground meat gets warm, it tends to become more sticky. You could also cover the meat and let it sit in the fridge for a bit before forming the patties.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Healthy Appetizer Recipes to Make
- Dairy Free Chicken BBQ Nachos
- Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Fries
- Cucumber Bites Appetizer
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Turkey Sweet Potato Sliders (Paleo)
- First, slice 3-4 medium sweet potatoes into about ½ inch thick rounds. These will be the “buns.” Place them on a sheet pan.
- Drizzle with avocado oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes.
- To make the turkey sliders, combine all ingredients above. (except for the potatoes, of course)
- Use a small cookie scoop and your hands to form the patties.
- Heat a pan on medium with avocado oil. Cook the patties for about 3 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Assemble the sliders. Sandwich the turkey patty in between two sweet potato slices. Add toppings of choice and enjoy!