This Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach is an easy, healthy and delicious weeknight dinner. This recipe is made with whole wheat spaghetti, fresh garlic, bone broth, coconut milk, sun dried tomatoes and spinach.
Who doesn't love pasta!? If you don't, I'm not sure that we can be friends. I feel like many people don't realize how easy pasta dishes are to throw together. This meal takes less than 20 minutes to make, but honestly looks very impressive. Serve with a glass of wine and you have yourself the perfect date night meal!
This recipe is slightly healthier than a classic pasta dish. There isn't any butter or cream in this recipe. Instead, I used bone broth and coconut milk to create a luscious sauce. Also, I opted for whole wheat spaghetti for extra fiber!
Ingredients in Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach Recipe
- whole wheat spaghetti - I grabbed mine from Trader Joe's!
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- diced yellow onion
- chicken bone broth
- unsweetened full fat canned coconut milk
- fresh lemon juice
- chopped sun dried tomatoes
- fresh spinach
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
THIS is my favorite pan! I highly recommend purchasing.
Substitution and Addition Ideas for this recipe
- Add in some shrimp or grilled chicken for extra protein.
- Make this pasta dairy free by swapping the parmesan for vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast.
- To make this recipe vegetarian, use vegetable stock instead of bone broth.
- Make this pasta dish completely vegan by using vegetable stock and vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast.
- Use gluten free pasta to make this recipe gluten free.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Healthy and Easy Weeknight Meals
- Healthy Italian Wedding Soup Recipe
- Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Creamy Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- Light Eggplant Rollatini
- Vegetarian Soba Noodle Salad
- Air Fryer Tofu with Sweet Garlic Sauce
Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Spinach
- 8 oz whole wheat spaghetti - I grabbed mine from Trader Joe's!
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ⅛ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- ½ cup unsweetened full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ⅛ cup shredded or grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by boiling water in a saucepan to cook the spaghetti.
- In a pan, saute garlic and onion over medium heat in olive oil until golden (about 2-3 minutes).
- Lower the heat to medium-low and add in the broth, coconut milk, lemon juice, sun dried tomatoes, spinach, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, shredded or grated parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Stir to combine and let the sauce simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Once the water boils, stir in the pasta and cook until al dente.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Stir to combine and serve with extra parmesan cheese and pepper.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂