First of all, this Air Fryer Tofu with Sweet Garlic Sauce is a healthy and flavorful meal to make any night of the week! The air frying method makes the tofu super crispy without all the oil and fat from frying. Plus, there is no need to create a batter for the tofu because the cubes crisp up perfectly in the air fryer. Additionally, the sweet and sticky sauce is sweetened with date syrup opposed to traditional white sugar, making it naturally sweet. This recipe is as easy as making the tofu, the sauce and marrying the two. I served mine over a mix of brown rice/cauliflower rice with some peas mixed in. You can serve this dish with any rice, grain or noodles you desire!
If you are in the market for an air fryer, check out my air fryer here!
Make sure you grab EXTRA FIRM TOFU for this recipe! Extra firm tofu has most of the excess water already drained out. You will still have to remove the excess water with a towel, but extra firm tofu makes this process a little easier. Simply use a paper towel to pat the tofu dry and drain the moisture. The drier the tofu, the crispier!
Ingredients Used in for the Air Fryer Tofu Recipe:
- extra firm tofu
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- sesame oil
Ingredients Used in for the Sweet Garlic Sauce Recipe:
- sesame oil
- garlic cloves
- crushed red pepper flakes
- ginger powder
- beef bone broth (You can sub chicken bone broth or vegetable broth)
- canned coconut cream
- date syrup
- coconut aminos
- cassava flour
- sesame seeds
Other Recipes to Make!
- Simple Sesame Tempeh Stir Fry
- Sheet Pan Salmon and Bok Choy
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Lazy Girl Fried Rice
- Sesame Chicken
Air Fryer Tofu with Sweet Garlic Sauce
- Air Fryer
Ingredients for Air Fryer Tofu:
- 1 block extra firm tofu (About 14 oz)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Ingredients for Sweet Garlic Sauce:
- ½ tbsp sesame oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ¾ cup beef bone broth (can sub chicken bone broth or vegetable stock)
- ⅛ cup canned coconut cream
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 ½ tbsp cassava flour
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Use a paper towel to pat the tofu dry and drain the moisture. Cut tofu into ½ inch cubes. Sprinkle the spices and drizzle the sesame oil evenly over the tofu. Transfer the tofu into the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for about 15-20 min.
- To make the sauce, brown minced garlic in sesame oil. Add in red pepper flakes, ginger powder, bone broth, coconut cream, date syrup and coconut aminos. Cook on medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Whisk in the cassava flour. Ensure to whisk well so there are no flour lumps. The sauce will become thick.
- Remove the tofu from the air fryer and toss the tofu into the sauce. Ensure the tofu is evenly coated.
- I served mine over a mix of brown rice/cauliflower rice with some peas mixed in. You can serve this dish with any rice, grain or noodles you desire. Make sure you sprinkle some sesame seeds over the top as well!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂