These Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal Cups are a healthy and tasty breakfast or snack! You can meal prep these oatmeal cups and take them with you on-the-go for your busy days!
Firstly, these Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal Cups are the perfect breakfast! They are gluten-free, oil-free and sweetened with unrefined sugar. A couple of these cups are the perfect make-ahead breakfast or on-the-go snack. These baked oatmeal cups are like if you baked your morning bowl of oats until warm and fluffy. Rather than using whole oats, I used oat flour in this recipe. There are so many yummy mix in’s to add texture, so I chose to use oat flour as opposed to whole oats. Lastly, these Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal Cups are filled with dried cranberries, carrots, walnuts, fresh orange juice, applesauce, flaxseed and pumpkin pie spice!
This is the easiest one-bowl-recipe! Simply throw all the ingredients into a bowl and bake. You can keep these in the fridge to have for the week or freeze them and enjoy over time!
Ingredients used to make this meal prep baked oatmeal recipe:
- gf oat flour
- almond flour
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice – If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice or don’t like it, you can substitute cinnamon. I do love the warming spices found in the pumpkin pie spice.
- ground flaxseed
- unsweetened applesauce
- fresh orange juice
- maple syrup
- dried cranberries – I found unsweetened dried cranberries from Trader Joe’s!
- chopped walnuts
- shredded carrot
Can I make my own oat flour?
How to make oat flour?
If you don’t want to buy oat flour and you have oats at home, you can simply make your own! Toss oats into a high speed blender and blitz until the oats become powdery like flour. That’s it!
Tools to purchase to make morning glory oatmeal cups:
Other Easy and Healthy Meal Prep Breakfast Recipes to Make!
- Breakfast Egg Muffin Cups with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars – Sweetened with Banana!
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- Protein Blender Muffins
Morning Glory Baked Oatmeal Cups
- 1 ¼ cups GF oat flour
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- ½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ cup ground flaxseed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice – (the juice of about one whole orange)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Line a muffin tin with 7 liners. Check out these silicone liners I adore! Use a ¼ measuring cup and pour the batter into each muffin liner. Bake for 22-30 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Allow the oatmeal cups to cool, remove from the liners and enjoy! Store in an air-tight container on the counter for a couple of days or place into the freezer to grab and microwave whenever you want!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂