Almond Flour Banana Muffins are grain free and sweetened with honey. The muffins are filled with walnuts and topped with a cinnamon sugar mixture!
These moist muffins are super easy to make, gluten free and I am pretty sure they are paleo as well. I added some chopped walnuts into the mix, but you could use pecans instead. My favorite part about these muffins is the cinnamon sugar mixture on top. I combined coconut sugar and ground cinnamon. The cinnamon sugar gets baked on top of the muffins until golden... YUM!
Ingredients in this recipe
- mashed spotty-brown banana - the more brown the banana, the sweeter the muffin 🙂
- unsweetened applesauce
- unsweetened almond milk
- creamy natural almond butter
- vanilla extract
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder (gluten free)
- chopped walnuts
- coconut sugar
- ground cinnamon
Frequently Asked Questions
You cannot swap out the flours in this recipe. Both almond and coconut flour are not easy to substitute with oat flour or wheat flour. I recommend sticking to the recipe as is.
Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
If you don't have a ripe enough banana, simply place the banana on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees F until the skin turns black and the inside is mushy.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- 1 mashed spotty-brown banana - the more brown the banana, the sweeter the muffin 🙂
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup creamy natural almond butter
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder (gluten free)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, applesauce, almond milk, almond butter, eggs, honey and vanilla.
- Next, add in the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and walnuts. Combine with a rubber spatula.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut sugar and ground cinnamon to form the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Next, line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Use a large cookie scoop and scoop the batter into each muffin liner. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the top of each muffin.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 22-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂