Air Fryer Bananas are coated in coconut sugar and cinnamon and air fried until caramelized. Top with vanilla ice cream, dark chocolate chips and coconut flakes for an easy dessert to enjoy any night of the week!
As a kid, my mom would saute bananas in a pan with cinnamon and top them with vanilla ice cream. It was one of my favorite desserts. This recipe brings back so many memories.
I love this air fryer version of the recipe because the bananas become super caramelized with very minimal oil and sugar. The entire recipe calls for one teaspoon of coconut oil and one teaspoon of coconut sugar!
You can serve these air fryer bananas anyway that you please. Since the bananas are warm, they pair so nicely with vanilla ice cream. It melts a little on top of them.
I used Enlightened's Vanilla Ice Cream. If you want to try out their ice cream, you can use code “frozenbananas” at EatEnlightened.com for 10% off.
I also added dark chocolate chips and unsweetened toasted coconut flakes.
If you are looking for a lighter option, top the bananas with Greek yogurt or a little whipped cream and sugar free chocolate chips.
Use ripe bananas for this recipe. They will be sweeter and more delicious.
When bananas are ripe, they're more fragile. Be gentle when slicing the bananas. Also, when adding the oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sugar to the bananas, don’t mix everything together with a spoon because the bananas can break easily. Just use clean hands to rub the mixture into the bananas.
For easy clean up and so the bananas don't stick to the air fryer, place a round piece of foil into your air fryer. Be sure to poke some holes in it for the air to circulate.
Butter or ghee can be used in place of coconut oil.
Pumpkin pie spice or chai spice can be used instead of cinnamon.
Cane sugar, brown sugar or granulated monk fruit sweetener can be used in place of coconut sugar.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
TAP ON THIS PHOTO TO PIN IT FOR LATER!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Make!
- Air Fryer Tofu Nuggets
- Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Egg Bites
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
Air Fryer Bananas
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- First, place a round piece of foil into your air fryer. Be sure to poke some holes in it for the air to circulate.
- Next, cut two ripe bananas in half and then lengthwise.
- Place cut bananas into a bowl with melted coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract and coconut sugar. Don’t mix everything together with a spoon because the bananas can break easily since they're ripe. Just use clean hands to rub the mixture into the bananas.
- Place the bananas into the air fryer and cook at 375 degrees F 6-8 minutes, or until caramelized.
- Remove the foil from the air fryer and gently use a spatula to serve the bananas.
- I topped mine with vanilla ice cream, dark chocolate chips and coconut flakes!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
My husband asks me to make these bananas all the time. I love making them during the week to add something special to a weeknight. Very easy recipe. We do vanilla yogurt and granola on top
Yum! Love those toppings!