This moist Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is low in sugar, easy to make absolutely delicious!
This gorgeous bread is sweetened with unrefined sugar. I used maple syrup. Also, I added in some dark chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds. You can add whatever mix in's you would like. For example, you could use some dried cranberries, nuts or white chocolate chips. Get creative! Enjoy this bread for breakfast, as a snack or for dessert.
Ingredients in this recipe
- whole wheat flour
- almond flour
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder (gluten-free)
- canned pumpkin purée - not pumpkin pie filling!
- melted coconut oil
- maple syrup
- dark chocolate chips
- pumpkin seeds
Is pumpkin puree the same as canned pumpkin?
Yes, canned pumpkin and pumpkin purée are the same thing. Pumpkin pie filling is not the same. I do not suggest using pumpkin pie filling in this recipe. Pumpkin pie filling typically includes added sugar and spices.
Kitchen tools to purchase to make this recipe
How long does pumpkin bread last?
Store this bread in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days. You can also individually wrap the bread and place it into the freezer for up to 3 months.
What can I do with leftover pumpkin?
Since this recipe does not use an entire can of pumpkin purée, you can make the recipes below with the leftover pumpkin. I promise they will not disappoint!
- Pumpkin Tahini Salad Dressing
- Healthy Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Healthy Chocolate Pumpkin Pie
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin purée NOT pumpkin pie filling!
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ dark chocolate chips
- ⅛ cup pumpkin seeds
- Combine all ingredients except for the pumpkin seeds in a mixing bowl until batter has formed.
- Spoon batter into a 9×5 loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- Let cool completely and slice.
- Store this bread in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days. You can also individually wrap the bread and place it into the freezer for up to 3 months.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂