Easy Healthy Banana Carrot Muffins are super moist, low in sugar and so tasty. You, your toddler and your kids will love these muffins!
I love anything chocolate. Seriously, chocolate is always superior to me. It always comes first to any other sweet flavor. BUT... it might be different with these muffins.
I'm not sure what it is, but the combination of the banana with the honey is a winner. Also, we have added veggies from the carrots which is always a plus!
These muffins are sweetened naturally with pure honey. It browns the muffins beautifully and makes them taste almost caramelized. I can't explain it. Just make them.
We've been enjoying them for breakfast every morning, but they also make a great snack or even dessert with a cup of hot tea.
Ingredients in this recipe
- mashed spotty-brown bananas (about 2 ½ - 3 bananas)
- avocado oil
- pure honey
- pure vanilla extract
- oat flour
- almond flour
- ground cinnamon
- baking powder
- baking soda
- grated carrots (grate carrots with a box grater or use a food processor)
- Use VERY ripe bananas opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.
- Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
- Don't overmix the batter. This can result in uneven baking and/or tough muffins.
- Fill each muffin cup about ¾ of the way with muffin batter.
- Keep the muffins as fresh as possible by storing them in an airtight container, on the kitchen counter for 3 days.
- Double the recipe and freeze these muffins to enjoy for weeks at a time!
- If you don't have ripe bananas on hand, use unsweetened applesauce.
How to make banana carrot muffins?
- Whisk the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients in.
- Fold in the carrots.
- Fill muffin pan.
- Cool and enjoy!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
More Healthy Muffin Recipes to Make
- Almond Flour Blackberry Muffins
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Mini Banana Muffins
Easy Healthy Banana Carrot Muffins
- 1 cup mashed spotty-brown bananas - (about 2 ½ - 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ⅓ cup pure honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup grated carrots - (grate carrots with a box grater or use a food processor)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, oil, honey, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in the oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Use a spatula to combine.
- Lastly, fold in the grated carrots.
- Grease a muffin pan. Fill each muffin cup about ¾ of the way with muffin batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-22 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Keep muffins in the muffin pan for about 5-10 minutes, then remove and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before enjoying.