Almond Butter Banana Bread is moist, easy to make and so delicious! This healthy banana bread recipe is great for breakfast or for a snack.
If you have a couple of overripe bananas sitting on your counter, you NEED to make this banana bread!
The two ingredients that set this recipe apart from any old banana bread recipe is the almond butter and a little avocado oil. These two healthy fats together yield a perfectly moist banana bread.
If you love baked banana treats, try out my Banana Coconut Oatmeal Cookies, Gluten Free Chocolate Banana Bread and Chocolate Banana Avocado Ice Cream after this recipe!
Ingredients in this recipe
- mashed spotty-brown bananas - (Use spotty-brown bananas as opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.)
- natural creamy almond butter - (Ensure it is nice and drippy. If it's thick and lumpy, it will not mix well.)
- avocado oil - You can also use melted coconut oil or another oil of choice.
- pure maple syrup - Feel free to use another liquid sweetener of choice, but I love the flavor of maple syrup.
- vanilla extract
- gluten free oat flour - You can make your own oat flour if you don't want to buy it. It's crucial to grind the oats very well into a flour consistency.
- ground cinnamon
- baking soda
- dark chocolate chips - I used Lily's Chocolate Chips as a low sugar option - they contain no added sugar.
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
What else can I mix into the batter?
- walnuts or nuts of choice
- white chocolate chips
- chopped dates or dried fruit
- unsweetened shredded coconut
Use spotty-brown bananas opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.
I recommend an 8x4 loaf pan. I find that the bread rises so well in this size pan. Mine is linked HERE.
Properly measure flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
Don't overmix the batter. Mix until just combined. You can wind up with tough or gummy banana bread that won't rise if overmixed.
Allow the loaf to cool before slicing or it could fall apart.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 2-3 days. To freeze, wrap each individual banana bread slice in plastic wrap. Place the slices into a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Almond Butter Banana Bread
- ⅔ cup mashed spotty-brown bananas - (Use spotty-brown bananas as opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.)
- ⅓ cup natural creamy almond butter - (Ensure it is nice and drippy. If it's thick and lumpy, it will not mix well.)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips - (I used Lily's Chocolate Chips as a low sugar option - they contain no added sugar.)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, almond butter, avocado oil, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Next, add in the flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Use a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients. If you are using chocolate chips or other mix in's, fold them into the batter. Don't overmix the batter. Mix until just combined. You can wind up with tough or gummy banana bread that won't rise if you keep mixing.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan or use parchment paper. Add the banana bread batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then, gently remove it from the pan and place it on a wire cooling rack.
- Allow the banana bread to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Made it last night to have for breakfast today. Unbelievable. New favorite banana bread recipe.
LOVE IT!! 🙂
What can you use instead of avocado oil?
Any other oil.
Best banana bread in the world says my granddaughters. I would have to agree. I rate this recipe 10 out of 10! Wonderful!
Great to hear! 🙂
Can this be made into muffins instead of banana bread? How would that change the baking time?
I haven't tried, but I would guess 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes.
I just made this for breakfast and it is delicious!! I made muffins instead of bread, and baked it for 18 minutes at 350 degrees. (I always have to bake for a little less time in our oven.)
I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed, Erica! 🙂
Can you use Almond flour instead of oat flour?
No, they have different textures. I have so many almond flour recipes. Just search "almond flour" in the search bar and they will populate.
This banana bread is as delicious as it looks!
So glad you love it!!