4 Ingredient Snickers Bliss Balls are made with dates, peanuts, peanut butter and dark chocolate. These bites are the perfect vegan and gluten free snack!
Calling all Snickers lovers!! That's basically everyone, right? These bites bring you all the classic Snickers flavors without all of the yucky additives.
The secret to the caramel is medjool dates. They are also known as nature's candy for a reason. The dates are sweet enough on their own. I didn't even add sweetener into the mix. How awesome is that!?
It's very important to use medjool dates in this recipe vs. regular deglet noor dates. Medjool dates have a very soft and chewy texture, making them a perfect substitute for caramel. While regular dates will probably still work in this recipe, they have a firmer texture. I also find that medjool dates taste sweeter than deglet noor dates.
Oh! No need to worry. All major grocery stories sell medjool dates. I actually purchased mine from Trader Joe's. Remember that you can also purchase them from Amazon!
Ingredients in Snickers Bliss Balls
- pitted medjool dates (you can buy them pitted or remove the pit yourself)
- salted dry roasted peanuts
- creamy natural peanut butter
- melted vegan dark chocolate
I used melted Dark Chocolate Chips by Lily's. These chocolate chips are sugar free, making this recipe free of added sugar.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
4 Ingredient Snickers Bliss Balls
- food processor
- Add dates, peanuts and peanut butter into your food processor.
- Process until the mixture becomes like a dough. If the mixture isn’t coming together easily, add a tablespoon of water. Be sure not to over process otherwise the bites can become oily. This is because the nuts will begin to turn into nut butter and release their oils. BUT! If this happens, you don’t have to worry. Once you freeze the balls, the oil will solidify.
- Roll the dough into bites with a small cookie scoop. Place the bites onto a small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the sheet pan into the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bites from the freezer, coat each in chocolate and add a sprinkle of chopped peanuts.
- Place the coated bites back into the freezer for 20 minutes before enjoying.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂