Banana Bread Overnight Oats are creamy, delicious and perfect for meal prep! This healthy breakfast can also be made vegan and gluten free.
Why you'll love this banana bread overnight oats recipe:
This recipe is ideal for busy people! You can prepare these oats the night before you're going to eat them. Then, in the morning, all you have to do is add your toppings!
The toppings options are endless! You can add whatever toppings you like to spice up your breakfast.
Make 'em hot! If you don't like overnight oats because they're cold, pop them into the microwave the morning you're enjoying them.
They are so creamy! The mixture of thick Greek yogurt and milk makes these oats super luscious.
This breakfast is low in added sugar. I used a small amount of pure maple syrup to sweeten the oats. In my opinion, ½ teaspoon is perfect, but you can use as much or as little as you'd like. You can even omit it completely.
Make them for the whole family! Prepare a quadruple batch of this recipe. In the morning, everyone can add their own toppings. The kids will love this!
- old fashioned rolled oats - Use gluten free oats, if necessary.
- spotty-brown banana - The riper the banana, the sweeter the oats will taste.
- plain Greek yogurt - You can sub dairy free Greek-style yogurt.
- milk of choice
- pure maple syrup - You can use another liquid sweetener of choice. Adjust depending on desired sweetness.
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- salt - It rounds out all the flavors!
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
How to make banana bread overnight oats:
Add all the ingredients into a small container.
Combine the ingredients with a spoon or put the lid on the container and shake it up very well.
Put the container into the refrigerator and let it sit overnight.
The next morning, add your toppings of choice and enjoy! I topped mine with chopped walnuts, pecans, sliced banana and cinnamon.
Make sure that you you use old fashioned rolled oats opposed to steel cut or quick oats.
If you shake the oats to combine the ingredients, check to see that all of the ingredients have been mixed well.
You can sweeten these oats as much or as little as you would like. Adjust the syrup to suit your preference.
The best containers for overnight oats:
I recently found THESE cute overnight oat containers from Amazon that are great for meal prep!
How to meal prep overnight oats:
These overnight oats with banana will keep for about 3 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge. You can prepare them one day, place them in separate containers and enjoy them for 3 mornings.
When I worked in corporate, I would make a batch on Sunday. That would give me oats for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. On Wednesday night, I would prepare two more batches for Thursday and Friday.
They will keep for about 3 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
The morning you're eating the overnight oats, remove the lid and add your toppings. If you don't like overnight oats cold, heat them in the microwave and then add your toppings.
Some topping ideas are chopped nuts, fruit, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flaxseed, nut butter, chocolate chips, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
If you're vegan or dairy free, use Greek-style vegan yogurt and dairy free milk.
If you're gluten free, use gluten free oats.
I suggest soaking the overnight oats overnight for best results, but if you're short on time, soak them for at least 3-4 hours.
Yes, these oats are nutritious. They are filled with fiber, healthy carbs and a variety of vitamins and minerals.
I suggest not making these more than 3 days ahead of time. You can probably do 4 or 5 days, but the overnight oats might not be as fresh.
More Banana Recipes
- Almond Butter Banana Bread
- Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Chocolate Banana Avocado Ice Cream
- 4 Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies
- Air Fryer Bananas
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- ⅓ cup old fashioned rolled oats - Use gluten free oats, if necessary.
- ½ mashed spotty-brown banana
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- ½ - 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Add all of the ingredients into a small container.
- Combine the ingredients with a spoon or put the lid on the container and shake it up very well.
- Put the container into the refrigerator and let it sit overnight.
- The next morning, add your toppings of choice and enjoy! I topped mine with chopped walnuts, pecans, sliced banana, a drizzle of honey and cinnamon. With those toppings, you will really get banana nut bread vibes.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.