Chocolate Banana Avocado Ice Cream is made with just 5 ingredients! This healthy dessert is dairy free, vegan and so chocolaty!
If you love banana ice cream aka "nice cream," you have to give this recipe a try! BUT... This isn't just boring old blended frozen bananas. Even though I shouldn't talk badly about frozen bananas. 😂
I added avocado to make it extra creamy and decadent. Plus, the cacao powder mixed with pure maple syrup creates a sweet chocolaty flavor.
This recipe is absolutely perfect in the warmer months when you want something refreshing and healthy, yet still sweet for dessert!
After you make this recipe, try out my Mint Chocolate Chip Nice Cream and Coffee Nice Cream!
Ingredients in this recipe
- frozen bananas (cut into coins) - the more ripe the bananas, the sweeter the ice cream
- ripe avocado
- cacao powder
- pure maple syrup
- unsweetened almond milk
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Freeze bananas when they are super ripe for sweeter ice cream.
After trying this recipe with a high speed blender and a high speed food processor, I recommend using a high speed blender. Everything blends evenly and much quicker!
If you can't get your hands on a ripe avocado, grab frozen avocado chunks from the freezer section of your grocery store.
Add more almond milk by the tablespoon if your blender isn’t strong enough to process the ingredients.
Everyone prefers a different amount of sweetness. Use more or less maple syrup depending on what you like. Give the ice cream a little taste as you make it. You can adjust from there.
Let the ice cream freeze for 3 hours+. Then, allow it to soften for about 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
Ice Cream Topping Ideas!
If you're keeping this recipe vegan, make sure the toppings you use are also vegan.
- natural sprinkles
- chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- homemade magic shell
how to make homemade magic shell?
Melt 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips with 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Pour over your ice cream and watch the magic happen. The chocolate will harden within seconds.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Chocolate Banana Avocado Ice Cream
- 2 cups frozen bananas - cut into coins - (the more ripe the bananas, the sweeter the ice cream)
- ½ ripe avocado - (if you can't get your hands on a ripe avocado, grab frozen avocado chunks from the freezer section of your grocery store)
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 2 - 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup - (add more or less depending on preference)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk - (add more by the tablespoon if needed)
- Toss all of the ingredients into your high speed blender.
- Blend until creamy. Add more almond milk by the tablespoon if your blender isn’t strong enough to process the ingredients.
- Transfer the mixture to a parchment paper lined loaf pan. Place it in the freezer (covered) for 3 hours+. Then, allow it to soften for about 15 minutes at room temperature before serving.
- Add toppings of choice and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
This ice cream came out so creamy and chocolatey!! New favorite in my house.
Love to hear it!