Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Bars are an easy and healthy meal prep breakfast. These bars are fiber-filled, gluten free, oil free and refined sugar free!
We all know I have a deep obsession with oatmeal, but it's not just me. My baked oatmeal and overnight oat recipes are the most popular recipes on my website. I have concluded that my readers and followers are big fans of all things oatmeal too. Current favorites are Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, Banana Bread Overnight Oats and Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal Cups.
Now, I know it's August, but there's nothing better than apple cinnamon oatmeal. It's a classic flavor and even when it isn't fall, the cozy flavor always hits the spot. You are going to love these breakfast bars!
Ingredients in this recipe
- unsweetened applesauce
- unsweetened almond milk
- pure maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- gluten free old fashioned rolled oats
- baking powder (gluten free)
- ground flaxseed
- ground cinnamon
- diced fresh apple (use your favorite kind!)
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Let cool completely, slice into bars and enjoy! I recommend serving with chopped fresh apple, a drizzle of nut butter, extra cinnamon and maybe some pure maple syrup.
Substitution and Addition Ideas
- Add some chopped nuts into the oatmeal batter - walnuts would be great.
- Use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon for some extra fall flavor.
- Sprinkle some chopped dates or dried fruit into the oatmeal batter.
- Swap out pure maple syrup for your favorite liquid sweetener.
How to Store the Bars
These bars are perfect for meal prep!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within 3 days. Reheat in the microwave before enjoying.
- To freeze, wrap each individual bar in plastic wrap. Place the bars into a freezer bag. Keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Reheat in the microwave before enjoying.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Bars
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients with a spatula until combined.
- Grab an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Spoon the oatmeal mixture into the baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, slice into bars and enjoy! I recommend serving with chopped fresh apple, a drizzle of nut butter, extra cinnamon and maybe some pure maple syrup. See below for storing instructions.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂