Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes are easy to make, crispy and made with minimal oil. All you need is 5 ingredients for this healthy side dish!
Move over French fries, there's a new potato in town. These smashed potatoes are truly just as delicious as fries. We dipped them into Primal Kitchen Ranch Dip and OMG. YUM!
If you would like to purchase their Ranch Dip, head to www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!
They have easily become my new favorite side dish. We enjoyed them this week paired with a grass fed bison burger. A match made in heaven!
Let me know if you would like to see the recipe for the bison burger. Leave me a comment below or shoot me an email. Happy to share with you! In the meantime, I will leave some great recipes to pair with these potatoes below.
Ingredients in this recipe
- red baby potatoes or Yukon Gold baby potatoes
- salt and pepper
- avocado oil spray
How to make the best smashed potatoes?
- Boil and drain the potatoes.
- Air fry.
How to make smashed potatoes crispy?
- Don't overcrowd your air fryer. Make sure each potato has space to get crispy. No stacking! Making this recipe in batches is necessary if you don't have a large air fryer.
- Use baby potatoes. Red baby potatoes or Yukon Gold baby potatoes work great.
- Don't skip the avocado oil spray.
- Keep the skins on. Fiber + crisp!
How do you reheat smashed potatoes?
Place them into your air fryer at 350 degrees F for about 5 minutes or until warm.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes?
- Healthy Chicken Burger Patties
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Greek Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Broiled Salmon
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 24 ounce bag red baby potatoes or Yukon Gold baby potatoes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado oil spray
- First, boil and drain the potatoes. They should take about 15 minutes.
- Spray your air fryer basket with avocado oil spray to ensure the potatoes don't stick.
- Arrange the potatoes in your air fryer. I normally complete this recipe in a few batches. This will depend on the size of your air fryer. Don't overcrowd your air fryer. Make sure each potato has space to get crispy. No stacking!
- Use a glass with a flat bottom to smash each potato. No need to press hard. They should easily flatten.
- Spray the potatoes with avocado oil.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Air fry at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Use your favorite dipping sauce. We dipped them into Primal Kitchen Ranch Dip. If you would like to purchase their Ranch Dip, head to www.primalkitchen.com. Use code "frozenbananas" at checkout for a discount!