Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta is a super easy and tasty dinner. The sauce is made with coconut milk, vegetable stock, spices and mushrooms.
This pasta dish is basically an elevated dairy free mac and cheese. The mixture of nutritional yeast combined with the creamy coconut milk creates a cheese-like sauce. Then, mix in the mushrooms and other additions and you have yourself an adult mac and cheese. I know you will absolutely love this pasta no matter if you're vegan or not!
Ingredients in this recipe
- diced yellow onion
- minced garlic cloves
- avocado oil
- chopped baby bella mushrooms
- unsweetened canned full fat coconut milk
- vegetable stock
- nutritional yeast
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- oat flour
- dry penne pasta
How to Make Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta?
- Boil water.
- Saute onion and garlic in a pan.
- Toss the mushrooms in to cook.
- Cook pasta.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable stock, spices and oat flour.
- Whisk well.
- Serve with pasta.
- Top with shredded vegan parmesan, if desired.
How can I make this pasta recipe low carb?
You can substitute the pasta for zoodles, hearts of palm pasta or spaghetti squash!
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Vegan Recipes you will love
- Vegan Mashed Butternut Squash
- 4 Ingredient Snickers Bliss Balls
- Tofu Satay with Peanut Sauce
- Healthy Vegan Chunky Monkey Cookies
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Vegan Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- 2 tablespoons diced yellow onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cups chopped baby bella mushrooms
- ½ cup unsweetened canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oat flour
- 8 oz dry penne pasta
- Boil water for the pasta in a pot.
- In a pan, saute onion and garlic in avocado oil on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss in the mushrooms and saute for 7-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Toss the pasta into the boiling water and cook according to the package's instructions.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable stock, spices and oat flour. Use a whisk and ensure the oat flour has been well combined and there are no lumps. Cook the sauce for 5-7 minutes on medium heat, whisking occasionally, until the sauce has become creamy.
- Once the pasta is cooked through, drain the pasta and add it into the pan with the sauce. Coat the pasta in the sauce and serve with shredded vegan parmesan, if desired.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.