These Healthy Vegan Chunky Monkey Cookies are everything you love about chunky monkey ice cream but in cookie form!
I am in love with these cookies and could probably eat an entire batch with coffee or tea. They are pillowy soft, low in sugar and loaded with walnuts, banana and chocolate!
Ingredients in This Recipe
- ground flaxseed
- cold water
- mashed spotty-brown banana
- melted coconut oil
- maple syrup
- whole wheat pastry flour
- baking soda
- vegan chocolate chips
- chopped walnuts
KITCHEN TOOLS TO PURCHASE TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
- mixing bowls
- silicone spatula set
- parchment paper
- cookie sheet pan
- wire cooling rack
- food storage meal prep containers
Something that makes these cookies very unique is their soft and moist texture. The whole wheat pastry flour is really the secret to this texture. The pastry flour makes the cookies airy rather than dense. I do not recommend substituting another flour for this recipe. You can purchase it from any major grocery store or I added an Amazon link above.
How To Store These Cookies
Store the cookies in an airtight container on the counter for a couple of days or place into the freezer for up to 3 months.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Chunky Monkey Cookies
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup cold water
- ½ cup mashed spotty-brown banana (about 1 banana)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl whisk together ground flaxseed, water, banana, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, walnuts and combine.
- When the dough has formed, use a 1 ½ tbsp scoop and drop the dough onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Gently press the top of each dough ball.
- Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F.
- When you remove the cookies from the oven, place them onto a cooling rack to cool completely before enjoying.
- Optional: Drizzle with melted vegan chocolate and top with chopped walnuts.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂
Can you use almond flour instead
Hi Bradley, almond flour cannot be used as a 1:1 sub, but if you are looking for an almond flour cookie recipe I recommend my Classic Chocolate Chippers "https://hellofrozenbananas.com/classic-chocolate-chippers/" 🙂
Hi Krista!! What’s your fav gluten free flour brand? Looking to make these for my sister and was wondering if I could substitute for whole wheat:)
Hi Ellie! You could substitute whole wheat flour, but I have found that whole wheat pastry flour has a better texture and lighter taste. You can grab it at your local supermarket. Bob's Red Mill Brand 🙂 – Krista <3
I cannot wait to make these!! I love ALL of your recipes!❤️
Thank you!! 🙂