First of all, these Healthy Sweet Potato Protein Waffles are made with 5 ingredients! These waffles are grain free and are basically flourless besides for 2 tbsp of almond flour. Secondly, I used chocolate whey protein for these waffles. If you prefer vanilla, you can substitute. These waffles are perfect to prepare in advance. The most amazing part about this recipe is that you can make the waffles, individually wrap them and freeze. Simply pop a few into the toaster any day of the week to enjoy for breakfast. Lastly, I used my mini waffle iron to make these waffles. The waffle iron comes in a bunch of colors/patterns and makes the perfect waffle. Check it out HERE.
Ingredients In These Healthy Sweet Potato Protein Waffles:
- sweet potato
- chocolate whey protein powder
- almond flour
- baking powder
Other Breakfast Recipes to Make!
- Spinach Oatmeal Blender Pancakes
- Pumpkin Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Breakfast Egg Muffin Cups with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Sweet Potato Protein Waffles
- Waffle Maker
- ½ cup sweet potato (baked in the oven until soft and skin removed)
- ¼ cup chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- 1 egg
- olive oil for greasing
- Mix all ingredients to form waffle batter.
- Heat and grease a waffle iron. Spoon the batter onto the iron. Cook for the recommended time based on your waffle iron. Allow the waffles to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, pop the waffles into the toaster to obtain the classic toaster waffle texture. Serve with your favorite toppings!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂
Hello! Does this make one serving?
Hi Jen! Yes, one serving which is 3 mini round waffles.