Arugula Pear Salad with Prosciutto is made with arugula, prosciutto, pear, walnuts and goat cheese. This tasty salad is drizzled with a Balsamic Tahini dressing!
Why you'll love this pear prosciutto salad recipe:
The perfect sweet and salty mix! The combination of flavors in this dish are amazing together. This arugula pear salad is anything but boring!
You will want to drink the homemade Balsamic Tahini dressing!
It's a customizable recipe. You can swap out different ingredients in this salad and it will still be delicious. I will add some suggestions below!
Enjoy the salad as a meal or as a side dish!
Ingredients in the salad:
- thinly sliced Bosc pear - I love using a Bosc pear for this recipe, but you can also use whatever variety you find at your grocery store.
- chopped walnuts
- crumbled goat cheese
How do you know when pears are ripe?
Touch the top of the pear (near the stem) with your finger. Gently press and if it gives in slightly, it's ripe and ready to enjoy.
Replace arugula with baby kale, spinach or mixed greens!
Swap out goat cheese for blue cheese.
Use dried figs in place of fresh sliced pear.
Try chopped pistachios instead of walnuts.
How to make arugula pear salad:
- To make the Balsamic Tahini Dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients into a small glass jar.
- Put the lid on and shake until combined. Alternatively, use a fork and whisk the dressing very well.
- Set the dressing aside.
- Now, it's time to assemble the salad.
- Lay the arugula in the salad bowl.
- Rip the prosciutto and place it on top of the bed of arugula.
Place the slices of pear into the bowl and sprinkle with the walnuts and goat cheese.
Drizzle the desired amount of the dressing over the salad, toss and enjoy!
- Make sure you shake or whisk the dressing really well.
- Toss the salad until everything is coated in the dressing.
- Double or triple this recipe for a crowd!
Making the salad ahead of time:
Prepare the dressing up to 3 days in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge. It will become thicker as it sits in the fridge. Add some cold water the day you are enjoying to thin it out.
I wouldn't assemble the salad in advance. The pear will become brown, the nuts won't be as crunchy and the arugula will be soggy.
If you make the dressing in advance, all you need is 5 minutes to throw the salad together!
Arugula is not a lettuce. It is a cruciferous vegetable like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, bok choy and Brussels sprouts.
More salad recipes:
- Kale Crunch Salad (Chick-Fil-A Copycat!)
- Burrata Arugula Salad
- Mexican Cobb Salad with Cilantro Lime Dressing
- Chicken Harvest Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad with Kale
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Arugula Pear Salad with Prosciutto
Ingredients in Balsamic Tahini Dressing:
- 2 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil - Good quality extra virgin olive oil is key.
- 1 ½ tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini - Make sure it's nice and drippy - not thick or clumpy or it won't combine.
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients in the salad:
- 4 cups arugula
- 3-4 slices prosciutto
- 1 thinly sliced Bosc pear
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- To make the Balsamic Tahini Dressing, place all of the dressing ingredients into a small glass jar. Put the lid on and shake until combined. Alternatively, use a fork and whisk the dressing very well. Set the dressing aside.
- Now, it's time to assemble the salad. Lay the arugula in the salad bowl. Rip the prosciutto and place it on top of the bed of arugula.
- Place the slices of pear into the bowl and sprinkle with the walnuts and goat cheese.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.