Hummus Pesto Breakfast Toast is filled with protein, healthy fats and fiber. Avocado toast is awesome, but have you ever tried hummus toast? This toast combination is a must try!
Yes, hummus and carrots is delicious, but it's boring! There are many other ways to use hummus in the kitchen. Let's spice things up for breakfast with this easy to make and tasty sourdough toast. You only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe and you can customize the toppings based on your personal preference.
Ingredients in this recipe
- sliced whole wheat sourdough bread
- classic hummus
- chopped pistachios
- chopped basil - pro tip: use scissors to cut the basil opposed to using a knife
Which bread is best for toast?
I recommend using heartier bread like sourdough, ciabatta or a sliced baguette. These will stay crispy when you add all the toppings. I used whole wheat sourdough bread for a higher fiber option.
Can I use flavored hummus?
Absolutely! I used classic hummus, but you could use roasted garlic hummus, red pepper hummus or even sun dried tomato hummus. There are so many flavors on the market. Use whatever flavor appeals to you.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Healthy Breakfast Recipes
- Blueberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Breakfast Egg Muffin Cups
- Banana Peanut Butter Baked Oatmeal
- Pesto Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Hummus Pesto Breakfast Toast
- 1 slice whole wheat sourdough bread
- 2 tbsp classic hummus
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped pistachios
- 1 ½ tbsp chopped basil - pro tip: use scissors to cut the basil opposed to using a knife
- Toast the bread in your toaster.
- Spread the hummus on the toast. Layer on the pesto, chopped pistachios, and basil.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂
Leave a Reply