Easy Healthy Chicken Burger Patties made with ground chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, spices, almond flour and an egg. Serve the patties on a bun, in a salad or as is.
These super flavorful chicken burger patties take under 30 minutes to throw together. I cooked mine on the stove, but you could also grill or air fry these chicken burgers.
There are different types of ground chicken meat based on fat percentages. You can use 99% lean meat if you would like, but these burgers will not be juicy. Also, if you like ground turkey better than chicken, you can sub ground turkey. Again, if you use a ground meat with basically zero fat, the burgers will not be moist.
Ingredients in This Recipe
- ground chicken meat
- diced yellow onion
- chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- almond flour
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast
- coconut aminos
- dijon mustard
- avocado oil
Toppings for Chicken Burgers
- arugula or butterhead lettuce
- red onion
- Primal Kitchen's Mayos
- Primal Kitchen's Buffalo Sauce
If you purchase any items from Primal Kitchen, use code “FROZENBANANAS” at checkout for a discount.
Side Dishes to Serve with This Recipe
- Best Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Air Fryer Veggie Tots
- Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad with Tahini Orange Dressing
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Healthy Chicken Burger Patties
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl except for the avocado oil.
- Divide the meat mixture into 4 portions and shape into patties. If the ground chicken is sticky when you are trying to form the patties, coat your hands with a little water or oil to make things easier. When the ground meat gets warm, it tends to become more sticky. You could also cover the meat and let it sit in the fridge for a bit before forming the patties.
- Heat a pan on medium with avocado oil. Place the patties into the hot skillet. Cook for 4-5 minutes on medium heat. Then, flip the patties and turn the heat to medium low. Cover for the next 4-5 minutes with foil (This will ensure the inside cooks.) The meat thermometer should read 165 degrees F when the meat is cooked through.
- Serve the patties on a bun, in a salad or as is.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂