Air Fryer Veggie Tots are healthy, easy to make and absolutely delicious! All you need is sweet potato, kale, breadcrumbs and spices.
Move over frozen tots, we don't need you! These homemade tots make the perfect appetizer, snack or side dish.
I served mine up with a simple sauce made from Greek yogurt, avocado oil mayo, unsweetened ketchup, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. I just eyeballed the ingredients.
If you make the dipping sauce, be sure to grab the avocado oil mayo and ketchup from Primal Kitchen. You can also purchase avocado oil spray from them. It's great for all your air frying needs. Use code “frozenbananas” at checkout for a discount!
Ingredients in this recipe
- baked mashed sweet potatoes with the skin removed - (about 2-3 potatoes) Did you know you can bake sweet potatoes right in your air fryer? Try out Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes!
- chopped kale
- panko breadcrumbs
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- avocado oil spray
The kale is super sneaky in this recipe. I put it into the food processor before adding it into the sweet potato mix. Your kiddos won't even notice!
Yes! Swap out the panko breadcrumbs for your favorite gluten free breadcrumbs. I know you can also purchase gluten free panko breadcrumbs.
If you don't like kale, you can sub broccoli or spinach. Just make sure you process it for a bit to create small flakes like I did for the kale.
Cook the veggie tots at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake these in the oven at 400 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, or until crisp. I recommend flipping them halfway.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try!
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- Air Fryer Egg Bites Recipe
- Japanese Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries (with Video)
- Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Air Fryer Veggie Tots
- Air Fryer
- 1 cup baked mashed sweet potatoes with the skin removed - (about 2-3 potatoes) Did you know you can bake sweet potatoes right in your air fryer? Try out Air Fryer Baked Sweet Potatoes!
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- avocado oil spray
- Pulse 2 cups of chopped kale in a food processor into small flakes.
- Mash the cooked sweet potatoes with a fork. You need 1 cup for this recipe.
- If you just cooked the sweet potatoes, allow them to cool completely. Combine the mashed sweet potatoes, kale, egg, panko and spices in a bowl.
- Form “tot-like” shapes with a 1 tbsp scoop or just create small round shapes. They don't have to be perfect! Follow the pictures above for some helpful visuals.
- Spray avocado oil in the air fryer basket. Place the tots into the air fryer. Do not stack them on top of each other to ensure they become crispy. Spray avocado oil over the top of the tots and cook at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Make them in batches if needed (depending on the size of your air fryer.)
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce! I served mine up with a simple sauce made from Greek yogurt, avocado oil mayo, unsweetened ketchup, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. I just eyeballed the ingredients.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Loved this! So yummy and easy to make. They made for a great snack!
YAY!! One of my favorite snacks or appetizer! - Krista <3