All you need is one bowl to make these Healthy Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins! They are sweetened with honey and much lower in sugar than a traditional muffin. Also, these muffins are super moist due to the mix of avocado oil and unsweetened applesauce. Secondly, these fluffy muffins are great to prepare for a snack or for breakfast. You can even keep them in the freezer and pop them into the microwave whenever you want a treat. Lastly, I used frozen blueberries in these muffins, but you could add in another frozen berry of choice.
Ingredients in this Healthy Blueberry Muffin Recipe:
- whole wheat flour
- almond flour
- baking powder (gluten-free)
- unsweetened applesauce
- avocado oil – Grab the avocado oil here! USE CODE “FROZENBANANAS” AT CHECKOUT for a discount!
- frozen blueberries
Other Recipes to Make!
- Banana Bread Cookies
- Healthy Sweet Potato Bread
- Gluten Free Chocolate Doughnuts
- Healthy Carrot Cake Bars with 3 Ingredient Cream Cheese Frosting
Healthy Blueberry Muffins
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (gluten-free)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients until well incorporated.
- Line a muffin tin with 10 liners. Check out these silicone liners I adore! Use a ¼ measuring cup and pour the batter into each muffin liner. Bake for 22-32 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Allow the muffins to cool, remove from the liners and enjoy!
- Store in an air-tight container on the counter for a couple of days or place into the freezer to grab and microwave whenever you want a treat!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂