Ground Turkey Fried Rice is an easy and healthy dinner for two. This protein filled fried rice is made with brown rice, veggies and turkey.
This fried rice is one of my favorite weeknight meals. It takes minutes to throw together, it's very customizable based on what you have in your fridge and it's so flavorful! Obviously, this isn't a traditional fried rice recipe. This is my version which has some different ingredients like brown rice and tahini.
If you need some more healthy weeknight meal ideas, these 3 recipes are awesome!
- Ground Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Arugula Basil Pesto without Pine Nuts
- Healthy Chicken Stir Fry with Asparagus
Ingredients in this recipe
- chopped scallions
- minced garlic clove
- sesame oil
- ground turkey
- diced carrot
- frozen peas
- frozen corn
- cooked brown rice
- ground ginger
- chili powder
- salt and pepper
- coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- sesame seeds
Addition and Substitution Ideas
- Use cauliflower rice instead of brown rice as a low carb option.
- Add in whatever veggies you have on hand. Chopped asparagus, broccoli or mushrooms are all great additions.
- Swap ground turkey for ground chicken or shrimp.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Ground Turkey Fried Rice
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ lb ground turkey
- ¼ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- ¼ cup frozen corn
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- desired amount of sesame seeds
- In a skillet on medium heat, brown scallion and garlic in ½ tbsp sesame oil for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook for about 4 minutes; breaking into pieces as you are sautéing.
- Remove the turkey mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Pour ½ tbsp sesame oil to the skillet. Add diced carrot, frozen peas and frozen corn. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Scramble an egg right into the skillet with the veggies.
- Next, add meat back into the skillet. Then, add brown rice, spices, coconut aminos and tahini. Combine all together and serve with sesame seeds on top.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂
Leave a Reply