This Ground Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe is an easy, healthy dinner or meal prep option! Made with ground chicken, peppers, black beans and lots of spices. Serve over lettuce with brown rice and toppings of choice.
Ground Chicken Burrito Bowl
I am a huge fan of Mexican flavors. Check out my Healthy Taco Bake or my 10 Minute Turkey Tacos if you are too! I am also a big fan of any meal that can be thrown into one bowl. Doesn't get simpler than that. This healthy burrito bowl recipe takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!
Ingredients in Ground Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
- dry brown rice
- avocado oil
- diced yellow onion
- diced red bell pepper
- ground chicken
- homemade burrito seasoning
- black beans (rinsed and drained)
- butter lettuce or greens of choice
- diced avocado
- Greek yogurt
Frequently Asked Questions
Mix together ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp ground cumin, ¼ tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper in a small bowl.
If you would like to meal prep these bowls, place the cooked chicken mixture and brown rice into an airtight container for up to about 4 days. Assemble the bowls with the lettuce and toppings the day you are enjoying.
If you don't like brown rice, swap it out for white rice or quinoa. Also, you can use cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG! DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Ground Chicken Burrito Bowl
- ½ cup dry brown rice
- ½ tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ lb ground chicken
- homemade burrito seasoning - (½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp nutritional yeast, ¼ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp ground cumin, ¼ tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper)
- ½ cup black beans (rinsed and drained)
- desired amount of butter lettuce or greens of choice
- desired amount of diced avocado
- desired amount of salsa
- desired amount of Greek yogurt
- First, cook brown rice according to the package's instructions.
- Sauté diced onion in avocado oil for 1 minute on medium heat. Add diced red bell pepper into the pan and cook for 1 minute. Next, add the ground chicken. Use a wooden spoon to break the chicken into crumbles. Sprinkle with the homemade burrito seasoning mix. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Lastly, add black beans and cook for another 2 minutes.
- It's time to assemble the bowls! Place butter lettuce on the bottom of each bowl. Add half of the brown rice and half of the meat mixture on top of each bowl. Top each bowl with avocado, salsa, Greek yogurt or other desired toppings.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂