Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad is super easy to make and absolutely delicious! This recipe comes together in under 20 minutes.
Why you'll love this pesto pasta salad:
This is a fool proof recipe. Basically, all you have to do is combine the ingredients.
We're cutting corners with store bought pesto. You can even use store bought rotisserie chicken for this salad.
This is the perfect recipe to bring to any get together.
It's loaded with protein, healthy fats and carbs to keep you feeling full and satiated.
- dried cavatappi or fusilli pasta
- chopped cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
- cherry tomatoes, cut in fourths
- red onion, diced
- kalamata olives, chopped
- parmesan cheese, grated
- chopped pistachios
- pesto - I used store bought pesto, but you can also make your own. Try this recipe out!
- fresh lemon juice
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
How to make Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad:
This is an overview of the recipe with photos. Complete instructions are located on the recipe card below.
Boil the pasta according to the package's instructions.
Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse it with cold water.
Combine the pesto, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Add the rinsed pasta to a bowl with all of the other ingredients.
Pour the pesto mixture over the top, combine and enjoy!
Recipe pro tips:
Store bought pesto is typically darker in color compared to freshly made pesto. The color will be more vibrant if you use fresh pesto.
If you let the salad sit in the fridge, the pasta will soak up the pesto mixture. Add a little extra pesto and mix before serving.
Change up the ingredients!
- Use sundried tomatoes in place of cherry tomatoes.
- Use spinach instead of arugula.
- Swap out pistachios for pine nuts.
- Get creative!
Store this salad in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
More salad recipes to make:
- Tahini Kale Salad
- Burrata Arugula Salad
- Healthy Tuna Pasta Salad (No Mayo)
- Arugula Pear Salad with Prosciutto
- Kale Crunch Salad (Chick-Fil-A Copycat!)
- Vegan Warm Broccoli Crunch Salad
- Roasted Cauliflower Crunch Salad
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Chicken Pesto Pasta Salad
- 2 ½ cups dried cavatappi or fusilli pasta
- 1 ½ cups chopped cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken
- 1 ½ cups arugula
- ⅔ cup cherry tomatoes, cut in fourths
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 2-4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped pistachios
- ½ cup pesto - I used store bought pesto, but you can also make your own. Try this recipe out!
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the pasta according to the package's instructions. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse it with cold water.
- Combine the pesto, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add the rinsed pasta to a bowl with all of the other ingredients. Pour the pesto mixture over the top, combine and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.