To begin, this Healthy Butternut Squash Salad with Truffle Dressing is so easy to make, yet so impressive! Secondly, this fall-themed salad is sweet, savory and has a perfect mix of textures. The crunchy walnuts and the creamy dressing pair wonderfully. There are only a few steps to make this roasted butternut squash salad. Simply roast the butternut squash, make the dressing and assemble with spinach, onions, goji berries walnuts and goat cheese. If you don't have goji berries, no worries! You can substitute dried cranberries. Lastly, this is a great Thanksgiving/holiday side salad or a delicious salad to add to your table any night of the week.
How to Roast Butternut Squash?
Roasting butternut squash is SO easy! Grab a small butternut squash. Slice the squash in half and remove the seeds. Cut the butternut squash into 1 inch cubes. I personally do not remove the skin. Place the butternut squash onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper, add olive oil, spices and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes.
To make your life easier, grab this olive oil spray bottle! It’s a kitchen must-have for me.
Ingredients Used in This Butternut Squash Salad Recipe:
- butternut squash
- olive oil
- baby spinach
- red onion
- goji berries or dried cranberries
- goat cheese
Ingredients Used in This Truffle Salad Dressing Recipe:
- dijon mustard – I love Primal Kitchen’s Dijon Mustard. Use code: FROZENBANANAS for 10% OFF
- Greek yogurt
- apple cider vinegar
- cold water
- truffle oil
What to pair with this Butternut Squash Spinach Salad?
Butternut Squash Salad with Truffle Dressing
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 small butternut squash, seeded and cut into 1 inch cubes - (about 2 cups of cooked butternut squash cubes)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- ¼ cup red onion
- ⅛ cup goji berries - (can sub dried cranberries)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup goat cheese
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Place the butternut squash cubes onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spray or drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Bake at 400° for about 30 minutes. Flip halfway through to ensure the squash does not burn.
- Whisk together all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl.
- Once the squash is cooked and cooled, grab a bowl and assemble all ingredients for the salad.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂