Mediterranean Buddha Bowls with Tahini Herb Dressing are healthy and super flavorful. These bowls are easy to make and great for meal prep!
Why should you love Mediterranean Buddha Bowls?
- They are loaded with tasty Mediterranean flavors like olives, feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
- These bowls are filled with protein, healthy carbs and fats.
- The addition of the pumpkin seeds makes for the perfect crunch.
- The homemade Tahini Herb Dressing pulls everything together!
You can easily prepare Buddha Bowls in advance. Assemble the bowls and store the dressing separately in the fridge. Then, pour the dressing over the top when you're ready to enjoy. I love THESE meal prep containers.
How to make tahini herb dressing?
- Place all the ingredients into a small jar.
- Put the lid on and shake until combined.
- You can even double the dressing recipe to keep in the fridge for salads all week long!
Customize this Buddha Bowl
- Use your favorite green as the base. I'm partial to arugula.
- If you don't love quinoa, substitute couscous or farro.
- Add in any additional veggies that you love.
- I chose to include chickpeas over hummus in this recipe, but you can use either one.
- Make this recipe vegan and use vegan feta cheese.
- Use a different seed in place of pumpkin seeds such as hemp seeds, sesame seeds or sunflower seeds.
- Pickled red onions would be great to add in here. I'll let you in on a secret. When I finish my jar of pickles, I toss some thinly sliced red onion into the pickle juice. After one day of refrigeration, I have pickled red onions!
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Mediterranean Buddha Bowls (with Tahini Herb Dressing)
Ingredients for Tahini Herb Dressing
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
Ingredients for Buddha Bowls
- ½ cup dry quinoa cooked according to package instructions (Makes about 1 ½ cups cooked quinoa)
- 3 cups arugula
- ½ cup canned chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- ¼ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ¼ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Cook the quinoa according to the package's instructions.
- Place all the ingredients for the dressing into a small jar. Put the lid on and shake until combined.
- Grab two bowls and evenly distribute the ingredients in each bowl - arugula, quinoa, chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, kalamata olives, feta cheese and pumpkin seeds.
- Pour the homemade dressing over the bowls and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.