This Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe is refreshing, easy to make and tasty. I added in some unsweetened light coconut milk for a fun twist!
So, I tried to make a plain old skinny spicy margarita, but I just couldn't. I didn't have it in me to make it traditional. I had to shake things up a bit!
Many skinny margarita recipes call for orange juice in place of orange liqueur or Triple sec. We are throwing the orange out the window and using coconut milk instead! I love the tropical flavor this adds. Not to mention, it contains maybe 1 gram of natural sugar.
If you're looking for an orange filled cocktail, try my Kombucha Gin Cocktail!
I have a feeling you will never go back to making a traditional skinny margarita again once you try my version.
As far as sweetener goes, we are using a little pure honey. You can add as much or as little as you'd like. You can also use agave in place of honey.
Overview of the ingredients
thin jalapeño slices with the seeds removed - It's important to remove the seeds or your mouth will be on fire!
tequila blanco or silver - I used Espolon Blanco Tequila.
fresh lime juice - Never use the bottled stuff!
light unsweetened canned coconut milk - To keep this cocktail light, we are using light coconut milk compared to full fat.
pure honey or agave
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
How to salt the rim of a glass?
It's so easy, but looks so fancy! Pour salt (or Tajin Spice/Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning) on a plate. Next, cut a lime wedge and run it around the rim of the glass. Lastly, dip in the salt.
When I first started making cocktails, I purchased a basic cocktail shaker set from Amazon. You can grab it HERE.
You can easily make this drink without a cocktail shaker, but it makes it more fun!
If you have one, you can use a muddle for this recipe, but I just used the back of a wooden spoon.
If you're hosting a party, go ahead and triple the recipe. You can just make a large pitcher of this skinny spicy margarita. On the recipe card, you will see an option to triple the recipe. The measurements will change for you automatically once you select "3x".
What to pair this cocktail with?
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Skinny Spicy Margarita Recipe
- cocktail shaker set optional
- muddle optional
- 3-5 thin jalapeño slices with the seeds removed - (plus a few more for garnish)
- 3 ounces tequila blanco or silver
- 3 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces light unsweetened canned coconut milk
- ½ ounce pure honey or agave - (add as much or as little as you'd like)
- 2 handfuls of ice cubes
- salt and a lime wedge for the rim of the glasses - (optional)
- Add 3-5 slices of jalapeño slices into a cocktail shaker. Muddle with a muddler or back of a wooden spoon.
- Next add tequila, lime juice, coconut milk and honey to the shaker. Shake well.
- Optional - Salt the rim of each glass. Pour salt (or Tajin Spice/Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning) on a plate. Next, cut a lime wedge and run it around the rim of the glass. Lastly, dip in the salt.
- Add a handful of ice to each glass. Pour half of the mixture into each glass.
- Top each drink with a jalapeño slice and enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
I made this margarita over the weekend for my fiancé and I before we went to dinner. O-M-G! I will never make a margarita any other way again. That’s all. Goodbye 👋.
Haha amazing!! 🙂