Healthy Maple Pecan Granola (with Cinnamon and Sea Salt) is the perfect sweet and salty granola recipe. All you need is 8 simple ingredients!
Sea salt on granola is a game changer. It changes the flavor profile and makes it that much more addictive! The combination of the sweet maple syrup, the crunch of the pecans and the saltiness of the sea salt is unmatched. You need to prep this granola for the week!
Ingredients in this recipe
- old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if necessary
- chopped pecans
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- pure maple syrup
- egg whites
- melted and cooled coconut oil
- flaky sea salt
- If you don't like pecans, use any chopped nut or seed of choice.
- Add in some cardamom or pumpkin pie spice.
- Swap out maple syrup for any liquid sweetener of choice.
- Use olive oil or avocado oil in place of coconut oil.
- Add in some chewy dates, raisins or dried fruit of choice.
- DO NOT substitute the egg whites in this recipe. Read below to find out why.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use egg whites! The protein in the egg white helps the oats bind together. Also, when the egg white cooks, it makes the granola crunchy.
Store homemade granola in an airtight container in the pantry or in the refrigerator for about two weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Healthy Maple Pecan Granola (with Cinnamon and Sea Salt)
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a sheet pan with parchment paper and bake for 14-18 minutes in a 325 degree F oven. Constantly check and stir the granola around as it’s cooking to prevent it from burning. Mine was perfect at 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with sea salt and allow the granola to fully cool before storing it in an airtight container.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂