Healthy Maple Pecan Granola (with Cinnamon and Sea Salt) is the perfect sweet and salty granola recipe. All you need is 8 simple ingredients!
Sea salt on granola is a game changer. It changes the flavor profile and makes it that much more addictive! The combination of the sweet maple syrup, the crunch of the pecans and the saltiness of the sea salt is unmatched. You need to prep this granola for the week!
I always have a homemade batch of granola on hand for smoothie bowls, yogurt bowls or just to snack on. After you make this granola recipe, check out my Almond Butter Granola and Protein Granola!
Ingredients in this recipe
- old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if necessary
- chopped pecans
- ground cinnamon
- vanilla extract
- pure maple syrup
- egg whites
- melted and cooled coconut oil
- flaky sea salt
- If you don't like pecans, use any chopped nut or seed of choice.
- Add in some cardamom or pumpkin pie spice.
- Swap out maple syrup for any liquid sweetener of choice.
- Use olive oil or avocado oil in place of coconut oil.
- Add in some chewy dates, raisins or dried fruit of choice.
- DO NOT substitute the egg whites in this recipe. Read below to find out why.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use egg whites! The protein in the egg white helps the oats bind together. Also, when the egg white cooks, it makes the granola crunchy.
Store homemade granola in an airtight container in the pantry or in the refrigerator for about two weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Healthy Maple Pecan Granola (with Cinnamon and Sea Salt)
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if necessary
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil
- desired amount of flaky sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Spread mixture onto a sheet pan with parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees F for 22-28 minutes. Gently flip the granola halfway through. Be careful not to break the clumps or you won't end up with any granola clusters.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with sea salt and allow the granola to fully cool before storing it in an airtight container.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂
Leave a Reply