This super easy one bowl Almond Flour Chocolate Cake is moist and delicious. The cake is also gluten free and made with healthier ingredients!
I made this cake four times before perfecting the recipe. This makes me extra excited to share it with you!
Almond flour can be difficult to work with, but I finally achieved the ideal cake texture. Even your gluten loving friends will have no clue this cake is completely gluten free!
Why You'll Love this Cake
All you need is one bowl! No mixer required and no separating of the wet and dry ingredients. This is a fool proof cake even for those who never bake.
It's SO simple to make, but it looks very impressive! Your friends and family will think you've been baking all day. I recommend whipping this up before heading to a gathering.
It's light. Sometimes you don't want a cake covered with frosting. This recipe is perfect when you want a chocolate cake, but not the sweetness overload that comes with it.
Overview of the Ingredients
eggs at room temperature - When you bake with eggs at room temperature they create a smoother cake batter.
coconut sugar - If you don't have coconut sugar, you can use cane sugar.
cooled freshly brewed coffee - The coffee brings out the chocolate flavor.
almond flour - Do not use almond meal or any other type of flour.
cacao powder - If you don't have cacao powder, you can use natural unsweetened cocoa powder, but do not use Dutch-processed cocoa powder. If you use Dutch-processed cocoa powder, the cake might not rise properly.
For the toppings, I used a few fresh strawberries and dusted the cake with Swerve Sweetener Confectioners in place of traditional sugar. Feel free to use regular powdered sugar. You could also use fresh whipped cream or a different berry of choice.
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Spoon the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
Whisk the cake batter well to ensure there are no lumps.
Use an 8-9 inch cake pan for this recipe. Make sure you line the bottom with a round piece of parchment paper as well as spraying it well with olive oil to ensure the cake doesn't stick.
You will know the cake is ready when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Also, if you insert a toothpick it should come out clean, or with very little crumbs.
How to store this cake?
Store this cake covered on the kitchen counter for 2-3 days. Make sure it's covered tightly for optimal freshness.
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
Almond Flour Chocolate Cake
- 8-9 inch cake pan
- First, preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Next, line your 8-9 inch cake pan with a round piece of parchment paper. Also, spray it well with olive oil to ensure the cake doesn't stick. Set the cake pan aside.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut sugar, maple syrup, olive oil, coffee and vanilla extract.
- Next, add in the almond flour, cacao powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk well to ensure there are no lumps.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. You will know the cake is ready when it starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. Also, if you insert a toothpick it should come out clean, or with very little crumbs.
- Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a wire cooling rack for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, use a butter knife to gently remove the cake from the pan, peel back the parchment paper and place the cake on the wire rack to cool completely.
- For the toppings, I used a few fresh strawberries and dusted the cake with Swerve Sweetener Confectioners in place of traditional sugar. Feel free to use regular powdered sugar. You could also use fresh whipped cream or a different berry of choice.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.