5 Ingredient Vegan Banana Bread is perfectly moist and delicious. It's super easy to make, healthy and lower in sugar.
If you have ripe bananas on hand, start running to your kitchen! I made this bread every week for the past three weeks to enjoy as a snack. My boyfriend also loves it for breakfast.
It doesn't get any easier than a one bowl recipe that requires only 5 ingredients! I added vegan chocolate chips into the batter, but they're totally optional.
Ingredients in this recipe
- mashed spotty-brown bananas (Use spotty-brown bananas opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.)
- melted and cooled coconut oil
- pure maple syrup
- white whole wheat flour
- baking soda
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
Use olive oil or avocado oil in place of coconut oil.
All-purpose flour should work fine in this recipe, but I haven't tried it to guarantee the same results.
I don't recommend using gluten free all purpose flour, oat flour, almond flour or coconut flour in this recipe.
Add in walnuts, vegan chocolate chips, coconut flakes, dried fruit or other mix in's of choice. I used vegan chocolate chips!
Use spotty-brown bananas opposed to yellow or green. The darker in color they are, the sweeter they will be.
I recommend an 8x4 loaf pan. I find that the bread rises so well in this size pan. Mine is linked HERE.
Properly measure flour by spooning the flour into the measuring cup. Then, level off the top of the cup with a knife. Do not place the measuring cup into the bag and scoop. You could end up with more flour than needed.
Don't overmix the batter. Mix until just combined. You can wind up with tough or gummy banana bread that won't rise if overmixed.
Allow the loaf to cool before slicing or it could fall apart.
Store homemade banana bread in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for 2-3 days.
You can also store the bread in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days.
Lastly, individually wrap slices of the bread and freeze for up to 3 months. This works great for meal prep. Pop a slice in the microwave whenever you want!
More Vegan Recipes to Make!
- Healthy Vegan Skillet Cookie (Gluten Free)
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Vegan Mashed Butternut Squash
- Vegan Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
5 Ingredient Vegan Banana Bread
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, coconut oil and pure maple syrup.
- Next, add in the flour and baking soda. Use a rubber spatula to combine the ingredients. If you are using vegan chocolate chips or other mix in's, fold them into the batter. Don't overmix the batter. Mix until just combined. You can wind up with tough or gummy banana bread that won't rise if you keep mixing.
- Grease an 8x4 loaf pan or use parchment paper. Add the banana bread batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Then, gently remove it from the pan and place it on a wire cooling rack.
- Allow the banana bread to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Store homemade banana bread in an airtight container on the kitchen counter for 2-3 days. You can also store the bread in an airtight container in the fridge for about 4 days. Lastly, individually wrap slices of the bread and freeze for up to 3 months. This works great for meal prep. Pop a slice in the microwave whenever you want!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.