These zucchini fries are crispy and crunchy without being fried in oil. The coating is made with rice crumbs and almond flour and air fried.
- 2 zucchini cut into fries (about ½ inch thick)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ¼ cups rice crumbs I grab my rice crumbs at Trader Joe's. These are a great gluten-free option. Panko bread crumbs can be substituted.
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Set up three mixing bowls. In one bowl, add almond flour. In another bowl, crack two eggs, add in almond milk and mix. In the third bowl, add rice crumbs, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Coat each slice of zucchini in the almond flour, egg mixture and then the rice crumbs. Remove zucchini one at a time and transfer into an air fryer sprayed or drizzled with ½ tsp olive oil. Cook them in the air fryer at 390 degrees for about 12-15 minutes. Do not overcrowd the air fryer with the zucchini. I normally complete this recipe in two batches.
- Dip these crispy pieces of zucchini into your favorite sauce! I made a yogurt sauce to pair with them.
Check out my air fryer here!
Tried this recipe?Tell me how it was!