Air Fryer Zucchini Fries are crispy and crunchy without being deep fried in oil. The coating is made with a mixture of rice crumbs and almond flour.
If you are looking for ways to use up the rest of your summer zucchini, you need to try out this recipe! These crispy pieces of gold make the perfect tasty appetizer, side dish or snack.
You know my love for the air fryer runs deep; give these other air fryer recipes a try after this one - Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites, Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs and Best Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings
While we are talking about air fryers, many of you ask me which air fryer I recommend. THIS is the one I personally own and love. It's small enough to put on the kitchen counter or on top of your fridge.
Ingredients in this recipe
- almond flour
- unsweetened almond milk
- rice crumbs - I grab my rice crumbs at Trader Joe's. These are a great gluten-free option. Panko bread crumbs can be substituted.
- garlic powder
- nutritional yeast
- black pepper
- olive oil
If you wanted these fries to be low carb, you could swap out the rice crumbs for almond flour. Beware that the rice crumbs do give the fries an extra crispy coating. They wouldn't be as crisp with almond flour only.
I used nutritional yeast in place of cheese in this recipe, but some parmesan cheese would be a great addition. If you're feeling cheesy, swap out the nutritional yeast for parm.
What to Serve with Zucchini Fries
- Dip, obviously! I made a super simple yogurt sauce with plain Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- If you want to enjoy these fries for dinner, serve them alongside Healthy Chicken Burger Patties!
How to make zucchini fries in the oven
If you don't have an air fryer, place the breaded zucchini on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees F or until the zucchini fries are golden and crispy. I recommend flipping halfway through.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
PIN ME FOR LATER!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- Air Fryer
- 2 zucchini cut into fries (about ½ inch thick)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 ¼ cups rice crumbs I grab my rice crumbs at Trader Joe's. These are a great gluten-free option. Panko bread crumbs can be substituted.
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Set up three mixing bowls. In one bowl, add almond flour. In another bowl, crack two eggs, add in almond milk and mix. In the third bowl, add rice crumbs, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Coat each slice of zucchini in the almond flour, egg mixture and then the rice crumbs. Remove zucchini one at a time and transfer into an air fryer sprayed or drizzled with ½ tsp olive oil. Cook them in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for about 12-15 minutes. Do not overcrowd the air fryer with the zucchini. I normally complete this recipe in two batches.
- Dip these crispy pieces of zucchini into your favorite sauce! I made a yogurt sauce to pair with them.
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.
Did you try this recipe?
Let me know below with a comment and rating! 🙂