Yogurt Clusters have been going viral on social media lately. Most recipes contain strawberries or blueberries. I decided to make my own version that is snickers-flavored!
Why you'll love yogurt clusters:
There's a reason I've seen these yogurt clusters all over my TikTok!
They are the perfect healthy dessert that requires no baking!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make them.
The chewy dates, crunchy peanuts and creamy center will remind you of a snickers bar.
Ingredient highlights and substitutions:
2% plain Greek yogurt - I recommend using 2% Greek yogurt. 5% full-fat Greek yogurt will be super thick which will make it harder to combine the ingredients. 0% fat Greek yogurt will be too thin (making the cluster more icy) and not as flavorful.
You can use dairy free yogurt, but I assume it will be much thinner in texture yielding a more icy cluster.
pitted and chopped Medjool dates - You can use Deglet Noor dates if you really need too, but they are much less juicy and flavorful. Medjool dates really remind me of caramel.
peanut butter - You can use any nut butter you like. I suggest peanut butter if you're going for the snickers flavor. You can use powered peanut butter if you would like.
A complete list of ingredients, amounts and instructions is located on the recipe card below.
How to make yogurt clusters?
Add Greek yogurt, dates, peanuts and peanut butter to a bowl.
Combine until the mixture is creamy.
Use a spoon to scoop small dollops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place them into the freezer for one hour to harden.
When freezer time is almost up, melt the chocolate chips down with the coconut oil.
Coat each cluster in chocolate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
Place the clusters back into the freezer for about one hour more so the chocolate can harden. Then, you can enjoy!
If you would like these clusters to be sweeter, add a sweetener of choice or use flavored yogurt.
Add more coconut oil to your chocolate if it seems too thick.
Use a fork to help you coat the yogurt bites in the chocolate.
Don't leave them outside of the freezer for too long. They will melt. I like to let them thaw a bit before eating though.
You can use whatever mix-in's you would like.
You can also coat them in white chocolate if you'd like.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer. I recommend letting them thaw for a few minutes before enjoying!
Viral Yogurt Clusters
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- 1 ½ tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- flaky sea salt (optional)
- Add Greek yogurt, dates, peanuts and peanut butter to a bowl.
- Combine until the mixture is creamy.
- Use a spoon to scoop small dollops of the mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place them into the freezer for one hour to harden.
- When freezer time is almost up, melt the chocolate chips down with the coconut oil.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments to ensure the chocolate does not burn. (Example: Microwave for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and then place back into the microwave.) Repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Coat each cluster in chocolate and sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Place the clusters back into the freezer for about one hour more so the chocolate can harden. Then, you can enjoy!
This nutrition information is an estimate and should not be taken as fact. The owner of this website is not liable for this estimation.