Healthy Rice Krispie Treats are made with peanut butter and coconut oil instead of marshmallows and butter. They are tasty, easy to make and all you need is 5 ingredients!
I grew up loving Rice Krispie Treats as a child, particularly the chocolate drizzled ones. This recipe is extra delicious because I added peanut butter into the mix. Peanut butter and chocolate... you just can't beat it.
These Healthy Rice Krispie Treats come together in minutes. There is zero baking required. The hardest part is waiting for them to solidify in the freezer!
Ingredients in this recipe
- pure honey
- creamy natural drippy peanut butter
- coconut oil
- crispy rice cereal (I used brown rice crisps from Whole Foods)
- dark chocolate chips
What can you use instead of marshmallows for Rice Krispie Treats?
The mixture of the honey, peanut butter and coconut oil is what keeps the bars together. We are ditching the marshmallows and butter.
This is the cereal I used. You can use any crispy rice cereal you like. White or brown rice works. I used this one since it was super low in sugar and cheaper than other brands.
How to make peanut butter rice krispie treats without marshmallows?
Heat the honey, peanut butter and coconut oil.
Remove from the heat, add cereal and combine.
Press into an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Melt chocolate with coconut oil.
Drizzle with chocolate.
Slice and enjoy!
I haven't tried these options out for myself so I can't guarantee they will work, but I would guess that they would yield a similar result. Let us know in the comments if you try!
Use another nut butter or seed butter in place of the peanut butter.
Swap out the honey for pure maple syrup and use vegan chocolate to make this recipe vegan.
Ditch the dark chocolate and use white chocolate to drizzle instead.
I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE YOUR RE-CREATIONS ON IG!
DON’T FORGET TO TAG ME ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN REPOST YOU ON MY STORY!
TAP ON THIS PHOTO TO PIN IT FOR LATER!
More Healthy No Bake Desserts to Make
- No Bake Almond Butter Energy Balls
- Healthy Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Dough Truffles
- Healthy No Bake Brownie Bites
DID YOU TRY THIS RECIPE? LET ME KNOW BELOW WITH A COMMENT AND RATING! 🙂
YOUR 5 STAR RATINGS AND WONDERFUL COMMENTS REALLY SUPPORT MY BUSINESS AND HELP OTHER READERS AS WELL.
Healthy Rice Krispie Treats
- Add honey, peanut butter and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to a saucepan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on medium-low heat just until the mixture has melted and combined. Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture as it melts.
- Remove from the heat, add cereal and combine.
- Press the mixture into an 8x8 baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil into an oven safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments to ensure the chocolate does not burn. (Example: Microwave for 30 seconds, stir the chocolate and then place back into the microwave.) Repeat this until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the mixture in the pan.
- Place the pan into the freezer for about one hour.
- Slice into bars and enjoy!
- Store the cut bars in an airtight container, in the fridge, for about 4 days.